Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boils at Willard
It's too bad they were not wiper boils. Just at sunset we were coming into the south marina when we saw the boils, they were 100-150yds from the entrance. We thought they were wipers but the boils were smaller and after several cast we caught a couple of small catfish. I've never seen catfish boil like that, they were going nuts, I think they were after little bugs that were on the water. We started fishing at 2pm
but did not catch a fish until it was almost sunset. We caught a couple of wipers right outside the south marina in 4ft of water. The biggest was 20 inches and 4lbs. It was a nice day on the water and we fished every corner of the lake.
We trolled and covered over 20 miles but I guess today just wasn't the day to catch a lot of fish, at least I got a chance to hear that drag screaming again. I've got to try and find some walleye next. WH2
[signature]
The mouth of the South Marina is where I caught my wiper the other day, we were catching alot of cats, they weren't very big and then all of a sudden I had a bite and It was music to the ears to hear the scream of that drag. Got him on a worm and he weighed 5lbs. We cooked him up it was the first time I had tasted wiper it wasn't bad. I am not a fish eater. Usually strictly catch and release.
[signature]