Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
powder paint air brush
hello all and happy New Year
was wondering if any of you are using the powder paint air brush and what are the pros and cons . thx in advance
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sorry but I don't use either powder paints or an airbrush. Interesting concept though. Do you still have to preheat the jigs and then spray on the powder?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Can you provide a link or picture of the critter.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
From what I have read you still need to heat the lead and then spray. [url "http://www.csipaint.com/equipment.htm"]http://www.csipaint.com/equipment.htm[/url]

[Image: spraygun_top.jpg] [Image: spacer.gif] [Image: spraygun_bottom.jpg]

[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2][Image: new2.gif] NEW! Powder Spray Guns

All those formerly hard to dip items such as blades, spoons, spinners, or anything else metal, can now be painted without the need for expensive electrostatic spraying equipment or spray booths. Spoons can be painted without "wrap-around" and Pro-Flake Glitter colors can be added with beautifully even coverage.

Our Powder Spray Gun (PSG) resembles an airbrush with a 4 oz. jar attached and comes complete with the gun, airhose, and 4 interchangeable jars with caps. Since the PSG requires very little air (5-8 psi at 1 cfm), even the smallest compressors will operate it.

Instructions For Use

[Image: spray_gun.jpg]Warm the part to be painted in a preheated oven at 350-400 degrees for 5 minutes. A small propane torch can also be used by holding the part with needle nose pliers or by hanging on a fine wire and moving back and forth over flame for a few seconds. Immediately after heating, hold or hang part sideways to allow spraying in a horizontal direction.

Hold gun tip 4-6 inches from metal surface and spray in a sweeping motion. The powder will adhere immediately and flow out into a smooth finish. If metal has cooled to the point where powder does not flow out completely, return piece to oven or wave back side of piece over torch flame until desired effect is achieved. More paint can be added as necessary. For maximum durability hang painted piece in oven for 5 minutes at 370 degrees.

Unused powder can be left in covered jars. To change color, simply blow out plastic tube and attach new jar. Fill jars only half full for best results. To eliminate dust, work in front of a cardboard box, lying on its side, with a shop vac hose inserted into the lower back side. The airflow created by the vacuum will keep powder in the box.
[/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks for the link. I edited the copy into your post for those who might like to read more about it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Looks like a good idea for luremakers who want to achieve special effects. Not sure it would be any more efficient than heat and dip. I suspect that it would be a bit more wasteful of spray powder.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, in the instructions I did not see any mention of using a "heat gun" to heat the lead. These are better than using the open flame of a propane torch and can heat the jig heads very quickly. Also not very expensive if you shop the discount tool outlets.[/#0000ff]
[signature]