Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Bass set up
Hey just wanted to know everyones favorite bass lure when fishing for large mouth bass and small mouth. What dose everyone like to use, what's your faviorite live bait, crankbaits and jigs fishing for bass
[signature]
my favorite bass set up? well it only works at surten parts of the year mostley in the heat of summer.. but hands down top water is the funnest fishing i have ever done.. nothing like see a big bass come up and hit the top water bait..

From the fuzzyfisher------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
Hands-Down ... Spinnerbaits have produced the biggest fish for me. Senkos are becoming quite close!
[signature]
Bright color cranks in the spring and flat zipper worms in the summer. Rigged with a splitshot for ultra slow fall. Live bait? What? Do you live in minnessota?

For smallies, believe it or not, in line spinners that most guys use for trout are killer. Pineview, the gorge, jordanelle, wherever. Them smallies love them spinners.
[signature]
a 'pro' fisherman told me that 2 yrs ago at apache lake, AZ

[cool]

sm
[signature]
Favorite bass rig, ... whatever's catchin' their eye that day! I have some "ol' standby's" that I go to first, but if they don't boat a fish pretty darn quick, I start running down the menu. Far and away my favorite standby is a soft plastic worm, Berkley power worms seem to have hit the scent and taste those LMB like right on the head in most waters I've fished. Color is totally dependent on the body of water. I agree with UTBASS, spinnerbaits are deadly when the forage base in the lake includes shad or other small minnows that the spinnerbait is supposed to mimic. They can be fished in a variety of patterns, from slow bouncing along the bottom to more of a "buzzbait" approach. Crankbaits, ... a Rapala ShadRap is a great little crank, but I've become partial to the Bomber Model A rattlin crank in the Bass Minnow pattern. If they feel like taking a crank, one of those should stick as many fish as any other. Bottom line, ... know a little something about the forage base and go with something that will be familiar to the fish. Try different colors, retrieve patterns, locations, and don't stick with one bait too long if you don't raise some interest pretty quickly. The fish are there, you just gotta find what they like that day, ... and chances are you could go to the same dang place the next day and have to fish something different with a completely different pattern. Weather, barometric pressure, water temp, color, etc etc ... I haven't figured it all out yet but that's what keeps me coming back!! Hope this helps, go stick a bucketmouth and kiss 'em once for me! BassHawg
[signature]
[#ff0000]For the Gorge small mouth, an inch long crawdad in brown, sorry can't remember the brand off hand, just know what they look like. Had so much fun with them I went out and bought half a dozen and haven't had to pick any up for a while. Caught quite a few rainbows on them also while chasing the Bass. [/#ff0000]
[signature]
Now don't that beat all Pred. I wondered why I was picking up the smallies when I was fishing for trout LOL. And trout when I was fishing for smallies! Not that I'm compalining here I like catching fish no matter what kind they are. But it's nice to know what you are doing too.
[signature]
FYI I met the guy who caught the state record smallie at Borham (midview) and he caught it on a Crocodile spoon. If that doesn't beat all.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Got to go with a 4 inch Yami grub in rootbeer, watermelon then smoke/sparkle on a 1/8 jig fished slow from bank to deeper water. If you dont get hits right away either slow down or speed up. If still nothing, back into the water more and fish deeper. Smallies love those grubs! Hit Powell over the weekend. Fished out of Hite and did well with this set up for stripers and smallies.

KK
[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]