Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Saturday
Launched at 8:00 A.M. Water temp 43. Went toward the dam and fished at the bouy line from 20' out to 95'. Nothing. Headed North. Fished a point along the West shore in 18 to 25' with a Lindy Rig(my buddy) and ajig and grub(me). Got a Walleye on the Lindy rig. Saw three more eyes with the camera.No more biters.
Talked to a friend that was leaving to go chase Perch at Jordanelle. He got a walleye friday, right by the island park launch.Went there and fished a while. Nothing.
Fished around the island and the north flats. Nothing.
Decided to try drifting through a mudline along the West side, straight across from the island. Caught one walleye on a silver bladed spinner harness with a 1 1/2 oz. bouncer. Missed another one. Tried a couple more spots and decided to give the island another shot. Drifted along the island in 24' of water and hooked a nice eye on a Northland chartreuse/orange harness. Got him right up to the boat and lost him. Water temp up to 48 now. Went back to the marina and talked to a guy that had one nice Walleye. He caught it up in Wallsburg bay. Said they were rolling up there.
The first eye we caught was in full spawn mode. So it is that time.
Wind blew perfect all day to make good drift runs with a spinner harness.Hd to put out a sock to run Lindy rigs.
Anybody out there(hey Tom P.) that knows why the Trout are growing white fungus all over their little bodies? We saw two swimming around that looked gross. One kept running into my boat while we were vertical jigging. A guy I talked to, said there was a big school of 6 to 8" trout around the marina, and quite a few had the white fungus.

walleyebob
[signature]
Thanks for the killer report W.B. most guys who fish are tight lipped and most walleye guys are real tight lipped. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a messed up situation with the fungus. Thats when you just cut your line rather than hold the fish to remove the hook. Wouldnt want to see you foaming from your pores and bumping into things.
[signature]