Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TREASURETON - NEW REG
just a reminder that Treasureton changed to a 20" minimum.
[signature]
Thanks for the reminder. I went up there yesterday and didn't catch anything over 20".

C&R
[signature]
I'm not sure there are a lot of fish over 20" in there. I've fished it 7 times through the ice this year and have not caught a single fish even close to 20". It's not the Treasureton of old. With that being said, it is still a good fishery and the fish do appear to be healthy. Hopefully a good water year will boost the inches.

Brady
[signature]
I don't ice fish it- I wouldn't eat a fish out of there. Bad tatse compared to other places. But I can tell you there are fish bigger than 20" in there, I had a wonderful fall there. I think the regs if enforced will push the average up along with consistent water.
[signature]
Good idea to remind everyone about the new regulations. Many anglers are not aware of regulations that have been in place for several years. Only a few seem to do a good job of keeping up to date with new changes.
[signature]
The fish and game has posted new signs up there that are very easy to read. 20" is written very big and bold.

C&R
[signature]
I like the new reg. I agree with bmurr that the fish are not as big as they have been. i don't think they are quite as healthy either. Most of the fish are fine but I have caught a few skinny fishies. My biggest fish this winter is 18". In the days of old that was an average size. don't get me wronge I know there are still some big fish there but they are few and far between. I hope that the new reg makes a difference.
[signature]
I agree, the fish were bigger on average years past, but we did catch several 21, 22 inchers up there in November. We caught a lot of fish but only five or six over twenty.
I am glad to see the twenty inch minimum!
James
[signature]