Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your fishing goals for 2008?
Bassrods put out the question how was 2007. Mine is what are your goals fo 2008?

Mine, Catch my personal bests in the categories of northern pike, tiger muskie, walleye, largemouth and smallmouth bass and lake trout. Fish Jordanelle more often without assaulting waterskiers/wakeboarders, do more dropshotting, do more topwater fishing and catch a danged bass with a buzzbait. Meet and fish with more BFT members.

All of that and still be a good husband/father.
[signature]
Catch a male Tiger Trout over 8lbs. Catch and mount a Grayling close to 2lbs. Fish a couple lakes on the Boulders I've never tried.
[signature]
To just have a good time...like always. [Smile]
[signature]
To buy a Boat and fish much more
[signature]
To find a new hobby![Tongue][Tongue]
[signature]
I'd like to just get out on the water more...but I wouldn't cry if I caught a laker over 30lbs.[cool]
[signature]
to not ever get skunked in any body of water i fish in.[Wink]
[signature]
To fish and have fun doing it...
[signature]
One of my goals was for you to buy a boat as well Jason, I can't wait for you to take me on the Gorge in your new silverstreak!!! [Smile]

My goals are actually the same goals I have every year...catch a bigger fish than I did the year before. Fish new waters. Take newbies out fishing. New goals for this year-Outfish my daughter....(she'll never let that one go). Catch a 12lb. Largemouth. A 40lb. flathead on a rod. 2.5lb. black crappie. and any smallmouth over 6lbs. Oh! and get a new finder for the front deck. I think I could go for a while now that I've put some thought into it...catch more burbot mmmmm tasty! Do more fishing in Wyoming and Idaho. Walk the shore of a lake that has low water. Pray for water in Willard Bay. Pray that there is still prey in Willard Bay [crazy]. Fish Strawberry in the summer. Catch minnows before spring so I'll have them for the fall. Find the Lucky Craft topwater that a smallie decided to bury in a tree at Jordanelle (very unlikely but I have to look every year) I better stop or I'll headed out the door right now!
[signature]
Fishing Goal for 2008 Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Catch more FISH
[signature]
You mean that that luck craft that I found was yours I think it was a Sammy or was it the poper I found???
[signature]
A 6 lb + lmb is my first goal. A 50 inch tiger muskie. A giant rainbow over 6 lbs. And a 30 inch cutt. Just a couple goals to begin with.
[signature]
I haven't bought another one since, I hope someone is getting some use out of it. It was only about three feet underwater buried under 7,000 twigs...
[signature]
Only three feet you could have went swimming after it...[sly]
[signature]
Catch a walleye and a 15lb pike out of yuba in 2008!!![cool]
[signature]
Last year, I was introduced to Tiger Muskie. Or, should I say, I introduced myself to them[Wink]. So, this year, I would like to introduce myself to a Tiger Muskie that is over the slot (40").

Also last year, I introduced myself to a respectable kitty out of Utah lake (28"). This year I would like to meet one bigger than 10 pounds.

I was again ignored this last year by the "holier than thou" [angelic] Walleye of Utah Lake. In 2008, I plan on looking one right in the eye and saying "See! you and you're cronies are not as cool as you thought you were!" I would love to bring one through the ice. I understand, that my chances are likely better in some other lakes than Utah lake for these pesky fish.. But there is something about the challenge of Utah Lake walleye. Plus, that lake is 10 minutes from my house. [Smile]

In 2007, some cooperative Small Mouth showed me that they really are the pit bulls of fresh water, and are a MUCH more appropriate target than slimmers. Think of the generations of Utah fishermen that have turned up their nose at these amazing fish, only to chase after something so timid in comparison. I WAS one of them, not anymore. I don't really have a target size I am going after. I just love catching them! They definitely earned my respect. As a result, this is one fish I won't eat. They all go back where I caught them from. They are however, very photogenic! Something bigger than 18" would be nice!

As far as trout goes..eh.. I'm not too interested in them. Maybe some Deer Creek Rainbows..

Here's to a great 2008!
[signature]
simply to catch a 24" plus river trout on a dry fly. if that happens i will retire from the sport of fly fishing, and know that my life cannot get any better.
[signature]
To get my daughter and grandson to take me out more. A lot more
[signature]
To have my Wife and my new boat ready at the break of spring, or hit Powell when its done and ready.
[signature]
I want to catch a walleye. (Big one would be nice) Also want to catch something big enough to skin mount. (And have the money to do so)
[signature]