Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clnton Outboard Part Source
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I have a friend with a Clinton 6 hp outbard that runs great but needs a new impeller. Does anyone know of a parts source for these discontinued brand of boat motors? Thanks.[/size][/font]
[signature]
let me check my supplier. what is the year make and model of it and I'll see what I can do.

usually odd ball parts are pretty easy to get if you know where to look. Dan
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'll talk to my friend tomorrow at work and have the info by tomorrow night. Hopefully your supplier has something. Thanks![/size][/font]
[signature]
I thought Clintons were air cooled engines? I've had two, a 5 horse and a 7.5 horse and neither of them had a pump. I guess Danzilla will find out for sure. WH2
[signature]
some are air cooled and some have cooling fins and a water pump also. I've got an old apachi (early 40's) 8 hp and its dual water and air cooled. sometimes they have just a large dounut with and oval shaped shaft that runs through the center hole that squishes water through it like squeezing it through your hand and they call that a pump. their kinda neet. and easy to change.

Fearedbyfish's dad has a funny expeerience that steered him away from clintons. he rented one at flaming gorge (I think) and was going along and all the sudden the boat stopped. the engine revved up and the boat just stopped. thinking that they had just broke a seer pin he went to lift the motor out of the water and check it out and the entire outdrive had fallen off.

just a funny story. D
[signature]
I to have an old clinton. It needs an air cleaner and a hood. other than that it runs good. It is K500 3108C, ser. number 1052299and I dont know what this is, XTV 52250, any help would be appreciated [reply]
[signature]
[Tongue][size 2] Don't know for sure, but you might check with Dick's Boat Shop in Clearfield. I know he deals with a lot of older engines like that. Might be worth a try. [/size]

[size 2] AFDan52[/size]
[signature]
BLM,

While I didn't check up on this I'm almost positive Clinton was the name of Force Motors before they were bought out by Brunswick in the early 70s, they were then bought out by Chrysler Marine about mid 70s. Here is a link to IBoats that might have what you're looking for. [url "http://www.boatmotors.com/parts/"]http://www.boatmotors.com/parts/[/url] I used them to find parts before and they just might have what your buddy needs.

IFG
BLM

I was wrong but I had nothing else to do so I did a little research. Clinton built motors for Sea King, Sears, Force and Scott. They are still in business but don't make outboards anymore. Here is thier address and phone number they might be able to help:

605 E. Maple St.
Maquoketa, Iowa 52060
Phone 319-652-2411
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks for all the great information guys! I'll pass all this along to my buddy. Hopefully something will pan out and the old motor will be back up and trolling! Again, thanks to all! Having this pool of resources makes this forum rock![/size][/font]
[signature]