Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sucker fishing
lonehunter and farmer tim and i went fishin today lone hunter has pics. farmer tim caught 3 lonehunter caught i think 3 and i caught lots of weeds,power lines, stumpts, trees and other stuff my line was tangled on my reel so i barowed farmer tims thin i was doing pritty good after that i was not getting any snags no more yep to day was pretty fun lone hunter will have pics on soon lonehunter caught a walleye it was 20 in. long i helped him get it in with the net it was so fun he helped me a lot too i was get snaged alot AND HE WAS helping me a lot i never thought sucker fishing would be so much fun but when you have a frend like lonehunter it is allways fun [Smile][Smile][Smile] [center][Image: flyani.gif][/center] [center]lonewolf

[/center]
[signature]
yes , it was big time fun ! bad news is the glitch in my outlook cleared my camera of all the pics too !

lonewolf was all decked out in his new B.F.T. sports gear , the lil' dude was styleing ! he even let me borrow his snazzy hat and a sticker for the photo's , a big fat male marble eye 20" long and a chubby redhorse sucker . both cought on a ultra-light with #4 test on using flys . walley was even in the tangels and never broke the line . lonewolf scooped him up like the last piece of gold in a bagdad palace !

the water was up a little and the color of coffee and cream . the current was a little faster than the fishes bite , plenty of hits but it didn't leave you enough time to set the hook . lonewolf and farmertim used sponges . the whole trip was about five hours but it felt like it only lasted twenty minutes . time flys when your having fun !

our harvest was soon on it's way home to the smoker . just another event that wont last but a few minutes to enjoy .

sorry about the pics lonewolf , guess we'll have to try again soon .
[signature]
ya it ok to bad you dont have the pics to enter the contest [center][Image: flyani.gif][/center] [center]lonewolf
[/center]
[signature]
are you going to shair that red neck smoker pic with lonewolf? or should I send it to him.

one of the other members sent it to me last week and I thought it was a real gass. lol [laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
I think you owe him another fishing trip now, you blew his only entries for the 16 species contest.[unsure]

another fishing trip is better than any old contest any way. [cool]
[signature]
oh no ! uh-nuh ! not me ! ( the pic )

yea were hoping to take him for some steelhead this weekend if farmer is going again , or for more suckers .

a bunch of the guys want to go for some smelt , but i want some BIG FISH !

i'll save the little guys for catching during the week !

lonewolf is definatly going to be fishing a lot with us this year ! he a natural !
[signature]
ya that will be cool but i dont have a pole for steel head fishin will that pole i have work? [center][Image: flyani.gif][/center] [center]lonewolf
[/center]
[signature]
if your rod and reel is rated for 8-12 pounds you will be in good shape for cast and retreive or bottom fishing with spown.

unless you've got some thing like lone hunter's trolling rod, you wont be able to use it for down rigging. like many of the charters do. but not to worie, if you go out on a charter they will provide trolling rods and all the gear, so you wont need one.
[signature]
i have extra rods and reels to use , remember the tubes in the jeep ? i have a lot of extra " just in case " stuff . i always carry that bag of reels too !

lonewolfs only problem that he had was that his line was old and stiff , we have to get it changed . his line like some of mine dates back to the seventies , way to old to be used for smooth casting from a spincast-reel .

can you picture this lil' guy with his first steelie on ? [Smile]
[signature]
yea , the trolling rod will be perfect for this summer when i can go out on the big waters , and for the salmon run in the fall . in the spring , if i get uver to bear creek in travers city it will be perfect there for steelhead , that water is fast and hard , a noodle just can't make it in thoes conditions .

lonewolf wants to get a B.F.T. rod too ! he liked the one i have .
[signature]
those rods are quite expencive, you need a pic of a man named frainklin a man maimed hamilton and a couple named jackson in order to make a fair traid for that trolling rod.

other than hitting the lottery or getting a full time job the only other way to get one would be to win a 16 specie pic contest for his choice of one of three rods.
[signature]
jya i liked the pole so i am trying to win that 16 photo conteest [center][Image: flyani.gif][/center] [center]lonewolf
[/center]
[signature]
i am lookin for info on steel head

michigan peaple onley post
[signature]
The suckers are running good in the Grand at Grand Rapids. We were there Sunday and caught about 20 of them. NO steel just SUCKERS.
[signature]
breaks you heart dosen't it ? i have been going back and forth so much the bait stores are ready to buy me a steelie ! i know every speed trap along the way and i'm starting to feel like the " buckless uper " in the play escanaba by da moonlight ! ( if you haven't seen it yet it is on video availible only here in michigan , it's a riot ! )

all i want is a couple of eaters and one big guy thats worthey of a mount !
[signature]