Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my day at cerritos regional
[Wink][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4] Today i went to cerritos regional park because i couldnt go float tubing.[Sad][Sad] so i wenf t for carp. there was like 4 oter people fishing. i was on the bottom lake for a while and missed a giant carp. then it went slow so i went to the waterfall. it was slow too. then finally i went to the top lake and sat under a tree set up with my trout set-up and my long extendo pole thingy i bought at walmart for 10 bucks. then i sat there with my drag set loose on my trout set-up and then i was watching my bobber on my long pole and then i heard my drag singing on my other pole. i got up and set the hook. then it took me all over the top lake. after a 7 minute battle, i finally neted the fish and i was the victor. it was 6 lbs even. i wish i had a camera, man that was a good fish. i rather be float tubing.[cool][/size][/font]
[signature]

Hey there dh TubinChris,

Good job on the fishy. I hadn't heard any reports that they had stocked the little pond but that's great. They didn't stock last week so maybe they will this Wednesday which is their ususal stocking day. I hit it Friday near dusk fly fishing for ziltch.

They put up some new signs which I think is GREAT! Did you see all the signs saying that you needed a valid California fishing license and 5 fish was the limit and enforced!

It always bent me out of shape to see the same park rats catching limits, running off for a few minutes and returning for another limit. What really ticked me off?, 3/4 of the guys there weren't showing thier licenses in sight, so I assumed a lot of them didn't have one.

JapanRon
[signature]
[Wink][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]ya i saw those signs and no they didnt stock. i fish it every time they stock. i like to try my little nyphs my friend gives me. his name is mo. hes the lake flyfishing pro. i learned from him. i like to flyfish that lake beacuse it gives me practice. i dont like their new signs about no fishing after dark. ya i hate when those idiots go home for a sec and return. may that really ticks me off. also when those forenor took all those tilapia. man and they also took all the bass. man yesterday i saw some little fingerlings and one huge 6 lbs bass chase it out of the blue. i liked that showing us there are some bass left but im going to help that lake out and return some bass from eldo or perris. ya i might go back this week with my friend from los al. his spring break is this week, that sucks because i wanted to go tubin out with him. but if it clears up on friday ima go to belmont with all my buds and float the day out. ok see ya on the flip side![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]-chirs[/size][/font]
[signature]

Hey again dh TubinChris,

Ya, the dusk thing is the only bummer but what ya gonna do when some guys had their camp chairs and blankets out there in the afternoon ready for a nights fishin'! ha ha

I think I no mo, no wait! I mean I know mo, no I mean I am aquainted with a guy named mo. I noticed quite a few flyfishers doin their thing there.

Were you around when they were dredging both lakes. I was really suprised how deep they dug the small pond. When I saw it, it had like 30ft plus spots. Big like had some deep spots too. My biggest bass from there was a 6lb plus bass caught on a big streamer. When I released it, you could hear clapping and cheers from the bassers all over the lake. I took my bows like a star. ha ha That was cool!

JapanRon
[signature]
[Wink][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]ya i see alot of fly fishers there like kurt and mo friends and me and this guy richard. they all flyfish threre. my biggest bass was taken at eldo on the concrete lake. it was 4lbs and my dh_tubinaaron got his biggest bass that same day with me it was 7lbs even. nice he has a pix of it framed ahah. ya i like cerritos and i am going to float it one day. ahah i want to do it with my friends duriing the catfish months. ok hope to see ya there. see ya on the flip side![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]-chris[/size][/font]
[signature]
Chris

Leave those damn carp alone!!!!

Aaron
[signature]
Hey Chris,

That had to of been you on Fish Talk Radio!! You got some very good info on the trout stockings!! Hope to fish with you soon.
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]ahhaha ya it was..[blush][blush] first time caller. man the operator i fished with so he helped me get put through....... ya it was cool. ya cant wait i wanna see your skillz laterz[/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]
Chris,

Just got back from Cherry Beach. Was very slow! Only managed a Sand Bass and a Smooth hound shark.
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]awww that sucks[Sad].... y didnt you go to belmont? i want to go there...[Sad] man hopefully we can do something and meet up there. i dont noe..... ok later thanks for the info[Smile][/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]chris[/size]
[signature]
Hey Kiyo,

You ever fish around Seal Beach?

i heard that next to the old Naval Base on the South end of the Pier that there are some Huge Halibut. I was on the Radio later that night after waiting on the phone for over an hour. Lets go and fish the Queen Mary and Grissom Isl. sometime, You, me, chris, Tubin Joe, and a couple other guyz I know.

Big and small kill em all

Aaron
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]you can count me in! sounds like a plan. i have to make me anoter livewell and baitholder like kiyo's... i like them. i helped dh_tubinjoe earlier today make his and they turned out soo nice! thanks again on the ideas![/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]