Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba advice request
Hi all -

I'm new to fishing Yuba and was wondering if I could get some advice from the experts. I'm likely going to go down there tomorrow (Friday) and fish the day. I'm curious to know, however, if there is any advice on specific times, depths, or areas for fishing that you would be willing to share.

I'm thinking perch will be the most targeted fish.

Thanks in advance,
James
[signature]
I'm no expert but my boy and I always find perch around the island at Painted Rock. Usually fish about 20-25ft of water and use bright little jigs tipped with about anything most days.
[signature]
Good advice from tlspyder13. I was down there today and that was the ticket. I did the best in 25ft of water using a Kastmaster tipped with anything. Tube Dude, Bassrods, and Fuzzyfisher were all there and catching fish. One of them should post a report.
[signature]
Give Ron (Fuzzyfisher) a P.M. He's the local Guru and I'm sure he'll help you.
[signature]
loco guru more like it. [sly] man ya had to be nutts to be out there today! [crazy] as bad as JV

where to fish: go to the north west side of the island walk out about 60 to 70 feet from the the island and punch a hole or two.

ok here the best thing i have found at yuba for bait. (fuzzy's perch jig's)( ya can get them at any locogurumart) if you are just looking for perch. try this. get some of the small jigging rapala's. glow works great.. put a pice of minnow on it,(the treble hook on the bottom) or if ya got perch meat thats even better. but the perch are not to picky. catch the first perch cut some of it up for perch meat if ya want. if not stay with the minnows.

how to: drop it down to the bottom bring it up about 1 foot. jig 2 times and count to 45 jig it two times again and hold.. should full your limit PDQ..
[signature]
Thanks all for the info. Turns out we didn't quite make it to Yuba today. We decided to start early and hit the berry. I think there was some BFT folk up there as well (they were heading out same time we were) but I didn't realize it until they zoomed off when I saw their sticker.

We were in the dark green Jeep Grand Cherokee.

anywho, maybe I'll be able to use this advice tomorrow (saturday) as my dad and I will be deciding what lake to hit some time later tonight.
[signature]