Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Report from the North Slope
I spent the last two days with a friend from Lonetree WY. Come on, how many of you can say you've even been to Lonetree let alone say you know someone from there other than Jonha who wrote you a ticket as you sped just past the old gas station? But, I digress. We tried to fish the rivers but most still had snow up where we like to fish. We fished little fork of the bear south of north fork road by the boy scout camp. Did OK with a few small bows and brookies. Fished blacks fork south of meeks cabin and did well on cutts and brookies. Fished the stream out of Hoop Lake and got some brookies. Fished the stream out back of the big grey house with no tresspassing signs just west of the post office in Manilla and didn't get anything. I do however now have a hook up for deer hunting, in case you care. Went over to the Gorge on the pontoon boats late Sunday evening and fished for 2 hours, caught nothing. There was fish rising but damned if I know what for. Some day one of you guys is going to have to teach me how to fly fish. One of these days.........but not now.

IFG
[Smile]Thanks for the report IFG I can't wait to get up there myself how far south on the north slope could you get and how much snow was around the little fork of the bear river?
[signature]