Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek report
I am a new member to BFT, we fished DC today and saw one member of BFT. We fished on the north tip of the island... well was an island. we caught 35 planter bows between 4 of us., in 4 hrs. The fishing is slow. We caught one bow that was 16" and full of eggs, it had a minnow, a stick, and a white button in its stomach! stupid planters. we fished from 11 till 3, and then left. The BFT guy went to the tent town, I think, which makes me think there were several of you guys out there. No posts though, bad day? How did you do? The ice was 10" thick and safe.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT Bro.

I would like to thank you for the post. I have only ice fished DC once and didn't do any good what so ever. To see the time you were there 11-3 you did really well. DC is usually dead in that time frame..... well, to my knowledge.
Funny thing about the button[laugh] Maybe I will start a new line of button jigs....LOL[sly]

Look forward to seeing more posts from ya.

-Law
[signature]
Welcome!

The fishing is slow? 35 in 4 hours isn't too bad! [cool]
[signature]
35 fish in 4 hours between 4 people during the worst time of day to ice fish..... That's approx. 9 fish per person. That's a good day of ice fishing. Bet if you fished at sunrise you'd have caught alot more.
[signature]
I ice fished DC last week in the morning and the hottest time of the day was 12-1. Thats why I showed up late. I did catch 9 in 4 hours but I like to catch more, I've been ice fishing for close to 15 years, 9 fish is a slow day [sly]
[signature]
zzzzzzzzzzzz 14 inch bows zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Perch rock
big fish rock
good job but i get more thrills out of small perch, i dont know why
[signature]
That's interesting about the time there. Goes to show that sometimes fish don't follow the norm. That isn't hot fishing, but isn't bad. I'd still say its good. Compared to what I've experienced the last couple weeks I'd be plenty happy. My record so far for ice fishing trout is 21 fish in 2 hours at Scofield. For perch its 36 fish in about the same amount of time at Pineview. Those were good days.
[signature]
Thats funny, my 14" bows are very similar to that 14" brown your holding in your picture! [cool]
[signature]
no that brown was just over 19 inches and he hit a elk hair caddis dry fly. how many fish have u caught on a fly rod? ya 0-3 each time i've taken u. he he
in all seriousness though the fishies at deer creek really bite good most the day, fish would be all over the water column then gone, then five minutes later boom!! i just get board with the deer creek fish. u dont get many suprises out of that res.
[signature]
I was there on Thursday at about that time frame. I stayed away from the tent city and set up my own. Wasn't that cold, but since I had the shack I used it to keep my holes from freezing. I landed 14 bows in about 11 feet of water.
[signature]
I think you parked by us. Were you wearing the BFT beenie? One more thing, what did you use for bait?
[signature]
Yea I wear a BFT beanie. I was using various jigs that I have painted up myself. The fish were taking just about anything. I tipped them with nightcrawlers until I started watching them down the hole. Then it didn't matter if there was any sweetner on them or not. If you are familiar with Tubedudes fire tiger paint job, that is what I used most on a shad dart head.
[signature]