Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tackle Box Organization
Well on day's like these when I am off after the honey do list I work on the boat in the garage or work on gear.

I am up to 8 tackle boxes now and am a multispecies nut. This winter I reorganized the boxes by species and I have on backpack tackle box that I put the most used for the specific trip I am goin on that day. I was looking for input on how everone goes about organizing thier tackle. Thanks for the input.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I thought if you could still close the lid it was organized?[/size][/font]
[signature]
A while back I gave up on the idea of tackle boxes, except for one huge ice fishing one. The rest of the summer gear just gets stored by lure type in those loose tackle totes. You can throw them in a bag, or just throw them in the storage compartments in a boat. they are clear so you can see whats in there. I like you, fish for too many species to have just one tackle box. I suppose most of us own our own little tackle shops with all the lures that have caught us over the years.
[signature]
Interestingly, now that you mentioned it, I have a friend who knew a friend who has a spare bedroom chock full of lures of every size, color, and species to sort from in orderly fashion. I just keep all of my lures in my lockable storage area of my boat. But I do not have a bedroom full of it, otherwise my wife would chuck it to the garage.
[signature]
Hey walleyepaul, I think I might know that guy. He has a pretty understanding wife. All his fishing stuff is in a spare room that looks like a small museum. Hundreds of crankbaits. He has a habit of buying them in bulk. Probably has the largest collection of the old style, metal lipped Hot-N-Tots, in the state.
My tackle is stored in those plastic see-thru containers and kept in a big duffle bag. All but my Thin Fins. Ikeep them in a regular tackle box so they don't get hot and blow up. Thin Fins do that.

walleyebob
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey Walleyebob! You better protect those thin fins. They don't make any more of those from what I hear![/size][/font]
[signature]
I agree with you BLM. I keep them in clear boxes but the kids have a habit of taking them off and just dropping them in the bag. So if I can't find what I am looking for, its in the bottom of the bag. and I usually find it stuck in my finger.
[signature]
I have my gear separated by what water I will be heading out to; I have a Weber River fly box, spinning box Flaming Gorge box Green River Box Lake Powell box Pond box for bass Willard box Uinta Lakes box and a few others. I try to keep just the items I will need at these waters in the kits. My buddies think I am nuts for doing so, but i let my wife keep all these boxes organized for me. She does a great job and has even started to get down what my beverage of choice is for each body of water!
[signature]
ohhhhhhhhhhh please.......... "honey, you know i like a nice claret at the gorge!"

[Smile]

sm
[signature]
Thin Fin blow up? Now you had to go and pique my curiosity, now that I'm a big fan of pyrotechnics. Why would it blow up? I think you've been glued to CNN and the Iraq war... thin fin a form of a incidenary grenade?

Now that brings me to that funny TV commercial where that bass fisherman casts with Berkeley Lightning Rod, and blows up whatever hits it... Bawhahahaha!
[signature]
I keep all my lures, weights, jigs, snap swivels and spare line in one enormous ball. When I go fishing me, three men and 1 boy load the ball into the bed of my pickup. I then roll the ball onto the ice and pick off what I need. You would be surprised of the benefits of the ball method. One - ease of transport, no need to carry heavy tackle boxes with you. Two - the all in one approach, no need to waste money on expensive tackle boxes, organizers ext. Ever go fishing and bring the wrong box, few things suck more than to end up at Bear Lake with your Bass tackle box. Not a problem with the patented Ball approach. Three - storage space, no need to build expensive shelving in the garage to store all those boxes. Just roll the ball into the corner and your done, ready for next time.

There in one drawback to the ball approach. I lost a fishing partner several years ago. I suspect he may have been consumed by the ball. The good news is I still have all his fishing stuff, if he ever shows up I'll give it back.

IFG
[cool]Here's a couple of pics of my "Tackletorium"...with lures, lure-making, fly-tying, rods and rod building, etc. I use several sizes of plastic boxes and label the outsides so that I can find what I am looking for.

YEAH...RIGHT. Every time I do a major reorganization it only takes about a week until I have stuff all mixed up again. Then I use the "biblical system" of location...'SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND".

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage1438585.jpg]

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage1424617.jpg]
[signature]
[#800000][size 2]Dang Pat, now I know why you can't adopt me! [Wink] I use alot of 3710's. They are about half the size of the Plano 3700 tackle tray. I can put about 12 in one of my bags. I got a 40 gallon tupperware box. Its about 3 feet deep by 4 feet in length and 3 feet in width, I have about 30 plus different types of trays that fit in it. This doesn't count a shelf in the storage room and the tackle storage area in my boat. I seperate by lure type. Currently, there is over a dozen trays of tubes and grubs. Not to mention my leadhead collection... [/size][/#800000]
[signature]
[cool]Forget adoption. Maybe we oughtta talk merger.

My wife keeps reminding me that "HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS... IS STILL DEAD."

The point I really meant to make was that no matter how organized we think we are, in the excitement of preparing for a trip...or the exhaustion of just getting back from a trip...it's easy to just throw stuff around and blow the whole system.

Why heck, I was doing a cleanout on my furs and feathers the other day and found a kitten my kids lost twenty years ago. I looked it over pretty good as a potential dubbing material, before I tossed it. (HOLD ON KITTY LOVERS. JUST KIDDING.)
[signature]
tacklebox......organization......huh?

aquaman
[signature]
[angelic][font "Arial Narrow"][size 2] For some silly reason I don't think that the words Tacklebox and organization belong in the same sentence. [/size][/font]

[size 2] Kind of the way Military and Intellegence don't go together. LMAO[angelic][/size]

[size 2] AFDan52[/size]
[signature]
i just organize by style of lures. jigs in one box plugs in one box. spinners in one box etc. then i throw whatever boxes i think ill use for the day in my backpack. good thing i have a big backpack, gets my excersize in at least toting 30lbs of lures haha.
[signature]
I think the next BFT giveaway should be a shopping spree in Tubedude's taclkletorium!
[signature]
Guess you all know whose tackle shop I raid![Smile]
[signature]
do you have sister who likes to fish?

[angelic]

sm
[signature]