Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday Drive 1-19-08
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Took these pics while out scouting for shed season today. Sorry for some of the blury pics they were quite far away.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[signature]
Very Nice BRaz. We seen a ton of critters today on the way back from strawberry. Between Park city and wanship there were 4 dead elk on the highway. Elk and deer all over. Tons of road kill deer also. Really Sad.

We had a killer trip to the berry. You can read about it over at FFF when the rest get back.. As you might guess, the day was good. We had good weather also.

Nice group of Sage hens. [Wink]
[signature]
Boy you caught the buck in pic 2 at the wrong time![crazy]
Nice pics.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Those Sage Chickens were actually in Utah, only a couple of miles from Laketown. But everything else was in Wyoming. Man the snow is getting deep everywhere and the forage is pretty slim due to the drought. It is not looking good for the poor critters this winter.[/size][/#808000][/font][Sad]
[signature]
He was [Wink] at ya
[signature]
Great pics. We need the water, but we could use a little warm weather to expose some more forage. I'm afraid this winter will be bad for winter kill.

The DWR took a moose about 1/2 block from my new place yesterday morning. It was a yearling bull. He had been wandering around the neighborhood for about a week now. Got to see him up close in the trailer before they drove off. They said they were looking for one more up on North Ogden, then they were going to take them to the north slope and release them.

Another crazy critter story, there was also a jack rabbit in my yard yesterday afternoon! My place isn't in the sticks, in fact it's not far from Weber High. I saw the tracks in the morning and figured someone had and easter bunny escape the cages, but about 2 o'clock a big old husky come racing down the hill hot on the heels of that little jack. What I wouldn't have done for my .22 at that time, as I was up at roof height and it would have made for some fun shooting.
[signature]
Nice pics! I like that last picture the best[Smile]
[signature]
Nice pics you should post them on Muley Madness i havent seen a post from you there in a while
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Ya I like the MM site but don't like the new changes they made. Besides I don't mind just posting them here and supporting Bearclaw and Rileyfish's board. Both are good people![/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3][/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Later,[/size][/#808000][/font]
[signature]
Thanks Braz. Chad and I appreciate and value your input over here. All are welcome here. I am looking forward to hooking up with you this year and fish the gorge.
[signature]
The changes over there are almost all done i like this board as well
[signature]
Thanks for sharing those Brazure. Looks like there's plenty of critters in that area. Did ya see any bucks that dropped sheds yet?
[signature]
I seen some deer around my house sporting one side yesterday but the little bucks in my back yard have two sides i am temted to pull them off soon before they disapear
[signature]
Nice pics! Gotta love those winter drives.
I have been scouting a lot for the shed season also (gotta wait til April). Haven't seen too much. Been looking around a lot up by North Ogden, tons of moose up there and quite a few deer too. Not very many bucks out yet, probably still hiding.
What surprized me the most was that in the pictures you took, there was only a few inches of snow. In Ogden we have about three to four feet of snow with about five feet in the Mountains. We have a big problem ahead of us with the deer.
I was up in Eden (by Pineview) on Saturday and spotted a whole herd of elk all the way down in the flats. There were also about 100 deer scattered all over. There were two bulls, one five point and one six point. The six point dropped one side already. Wish I had access to that property.
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Our typical winter ranges have about the same amount of snow as what you guys have. But with that much snow and poor forage it has pushed a vast majority of the deer into the desert where the wind blows the snow away, and this is where most of the pics were taken. The big problem about the deer going to the desert is that there is absolutely no forage. Hopefully the critters can pull through.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[signature]