Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Report 1/26 - Lost Auger Cover
I lost a red plastic auger cover for a Mora auger. I lost it at the parking area above Echo Resort. If ya found it please let me know. Thanks.

My report:

Arrived at the lake around 11-11:30 today. There was a lot of people! I set up on the near side of the lake, but away from the large group of people fishing there. I drilled several holes at different depths without so much as a hit. I was pretty disappointed.

So I decided to take off across the lake with my snowshoes. It took me about a half hour to reach the I-80 side. I must've looked crazy walking across the entire lake. I drilled several holes once again from about 22-40+ ft. Ended up with only one single perch to show for my exhaustive trek across the lake.

I spied one more place that looked promising and took off yet again. I dropped in at 36 ft. and proceeded to whack the perch. I ended up with about 20 or so, keeping 10 fat porky perch. A couple were pretty large specimens, but I need to measure them still. I wished I would've kept a few that I let go, as the late time shut down the bite finally. I did however manage a nice fat rainbow on my last drop that actually hit my bait on the way down.

Then it was another LONG walk back to the truck. I was beat! But as the saying goes...no pain, no gain! I think I walked over 2 miles today!

I spoke with several fellas up at the truck. They showed me a pic of their friend. She was holding a huge brown, probably 26 inches or more! Nice fish!!!!

The edges were in decent shape. I had no problem getting across with snow shoes. Maybe next time I'll bring skis instead!!!!
[signature]
At least your efforts paid off. I've had many a day where I've walked for miles without ever producing any fish! Thanks for the update.
[signature]