Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATVs & Yuba perchathon
Just checked with the ranger at Yuba State Park (right accommodatin' type of guy) to see if ATVs were allowed on the ice. He said ATVs were okay on the ice but not in the surrounding hills and beachs. Okay to go from the parking lot to and on the ice. If you have kids under 18 with you they must have helmuts. And, of course, your rig must be properly licensed.

I was inquiring about four wheelers specifically but I believe the same requirements apply to snow mos.

Pikeman has a nice shin dig planned that day with some good grub that will include nice perch fillets and more. Get the wife and kids and plan to be there. February 16th starting at 8:00.

8incher
[signature]
hello,
I was wondering should I take my 225 yamaha or can the ice hold up to a 700? I'm going tommorow thanks for info.
see ya
fish4life8
[signature]
Ranger told me the ice was 8 to 12 inches thick. A wheeler is not really necessary to get to the perch. It is only a short walk out to the island and many perch are caught right near the dock area (Oasis). Wheelers may be needed to ferry equipment on the 16th but I don't think you would really need one to get to the fish.

Good luck and let's hear a report when you get back.

8incher
[signature]
You will be fine with both. But with all this snow you might want to call the park and see if they got nailed with these storms. I will be there tomorow as well.Good luck.
[signature]