Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeerCreek
So I went to Deer Creek today, all by my lonesome. I caught my four trout, but it took 4 hours and I only got 6 bites. It was a slow day of fishing but better than cleaning the garage. They bit on Gitzit lil tough guys in chartreuse and a double tail 1/8oz grub in motor oil brown, each tipped with a meal worm. Go figure, I tried several other combos, but these two worked. The slush was terrible, getting out was easy, all was frozen (for the most part) – getting back almost killed me (one too many TWinkies I guess). I went about 300yds south of the boat ramp at Wallsburg bay. I started in 60ft of water and saw nothing on the finder, so I moved to 40 ft, I saw an occasional fish at 20 ft, so I went in to 18ft and that’s where I found ‘em.

The trout measured 2 @ 14”, a 15” and a 16” – Not whoppers, but I will be eating fish n chips while I watch the superbowl tomorrow, and that was the goal.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report HW, sounds like the same report that I have read on several post today. The catching was slow[unimpressed], at least you were able to get out and catch some fish. Were there many folks out there today? WH2
[signature]
There were 15 or 20 nearby. The park ranger told me stayin next to the ramp was an easy catch for planters and not a bad walk, so a good spot for the younguns. I am thinking i had better look to the berry or make a trip to the gorge next week.
[signature]
I fished DC today also, we took the scouts out. We wanted to fish by the island but there were about 100-200 people out there! A state trooper was writing parking tickets out for people who were parked on the road. I noticed that he was writing times on their windows with a red marker. I don't know why, I think you can only park on the road for a while, I guess.. Anyway I caught 5 bows in about 2-3 hrs.. fishing was slowwwww. The scouts only caught 3 between the seven of them. haha, I guess I'm not a very good teacher. You can't teach experience![sly] Anyway, forget DC too many rednecks out there, slow fishing, too many people. I don't understand why people will fish next to that many people, it was tent city.
[signature]
Did they have the parking area cleared of snow over by the island area? why was everybody parking on the road??
[signature]
I drove past this morning, only the Wallsburg site had been plowed. The Island area was still covered in about a foot of snow... Nobody working on it yet.

Good luck

-W-
[signature]