Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba on short time (fuzzy one for you)
Brent gave me a call about 11:00 and said he was free to go fishing if I could ...Is a blue bird blue..[sly]

Well I was at his house by 11:45 and got him and his four wheeler and we was off for Yuba...

We got there around 2:00 and was getting ready when Fuzzy's friend showed up I took a picture of him just so fuzzy can see, he said he will keep an eye out for you...

We went to where we had been fishing the day before, started fishing about 2:40 and by 3:00 no fish and only two bites so we moved...

I left and headed across the Lake to a place where Tudedude and I had fished before, there was three holes already there so I stopped Brent was no place in site I started to set up I dropped down the first hole and fish on well after 8 drops and 8 perch on the ice Brent showed up...

We both had our limits in less then 20 Min two other BFTers showed up they had been watching from where they was fishing...

The water was 14' deep we used TD's jigs with perch meat in crawdad sauce, we pulled and gave rides to the BFTers (like always I forgot your names dummy me) back to the parking lot it was a great day lots of sun and good perch the perch was from 9" to 11" and should taste great...
[signature]
I was there too this afternoon but no luck for me! [Tongue] Glad you guys got your limits. Its nice being able to move around in a 4 wheeler. And to think Pat wasnt there with you today makes you wonder![laugh] I had one perch bite all day and took him home my son was mad since he didnt get any . Seems a lot of people fishing around the island were not having that much luck either so i dont feel as bad. I should have stuck my thumb out and asked for a ride since i am not physically able to drag my sled everywhere so we stayed close to shore.
[signature]
If you see me and want some help flag me down I will help if I can, what time was you there ???

We started by the Iland and then moved over to the west side away from the crowd...
[signature]
We were there from 1pm-530pm we stayed mostly on the east side of the island. We were the only ones fishing on that side . We did move a couple of times after my son keep persisting we move. Kinda hard to tell who is who on a 4 wheeler when they are flying across the ice. [Tongue] We could have used some badly needed advice out there.We used white pearl tube jigs tipped with perch,chub and worms. Also used some of fuzzys killer perch jigs and no luck. I couldnt even get them to touch anything till about 5pm when i got my first bite and fish.By then my son gave up and went to the car. At least he didnt complain and tried to catch something even though he was bored. [pirate]
[signature]
[reply]If you see me and want some help flag me down I will help if I can, what time was you there ???

We started by the Iland and then moved over to the west side away from the crowd...[/reply]

The advice you gave was good.... 11 drops, 10 fish - 15 minutes. Would have been 10 for 10, but I snapped a leader on the second fish. Bad knot.

Thanks!
[signature]
Cliff, it was nice meeting you and Brent today. Thanks A LOT for the ride back to the vehicle. I'm thinkin' that TD's "craw-perchy" bits might just have made the difference for you fellas....so I'll be makin' some of my own this week too!

Ocean, we started out near the island too today. I think all the sled/atv traffic might have made the bite slow down there. We had much better luck fishing over near the brush just across from the island. It was nice having a little space.
[signature]
ok bassrods why would you think i would have any truble with a guy that was that friendly? [Tongue]

you and some other took what i said the wrong way! Yuba is the best fish trap the DWR has had for a long time! i do not blame them for useing as such.. i would if i was them. but let's not suger coat what it is a trap is a trap.. [crazy].

so if i was so wored about the fish cop's at yuba why was i still fishing there even more than you have been fishing there? even knowing it a trap. as you say all ya have to do is not take the bait!
[signature]
Hey Bassrods, I was thinking of going to Yuba next weekend. How was the snow & slush? I don't have a wheeler or snow machine, was it ok for walking without snow shoes? I also have an ice hut to pull. Any info would be helpfull. I have never fished Yuba before, but after reading all of the BFT reports, I have to give it a try.
[signature]
You are totally right there was a lot of trafic by the island.There were several a-holes pasing between us and the island coming within 50 feet of us.There was one guy in a 4 wheeler doing donuts about 100 feet from us he had the hole east side to do that in but he decided to put a show on for us. I would have loved to move away to the west shore but i have a herniated disc and a pinched nerve so i cant move a lot. Pain pilss can do so much.Only reason i went out saturday was because my son wanted to go back and catch perch. Wish he could have caught some.[unsure] Gonna have to give it a try next saturday the weatherman says it looks like a good weekend.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Okay, we have heard all the verses to that song.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]How about singing something else?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Both the warden and myself was having a great laugh about what you said on the site (he has been reading it as well)...

As you can see he was laughing so hard he couldn't point his finger and keep a straight face...[Wink]

All in good fun old buddy...And as far as fishing more then me?????We'll see about that....[sly]
[signature]
The snow was only 3" to 4" deep no sluch that I seen...

Here is a few thing not to do if you want to catch fish.....
Don't fish in a group if you (do) don't be running and jumping or doing donuts with four wheelers it will drive the fish away.....
Don't keep drilling holes every five minutes....
If you are within 40' of others ask if they mind if you drill their...Talk to others if they are catching fish ask how they are doing it and what they are using, and if you get ask let them know what and how your doing...
[signature]
Well since no one has answered you i will there is no slush and a few inches of snow.It is good for walking across and towing a your sled with gear. I have pain and it wasnt that bad at all walking to the island. The 4 wheelers and snowmobiles were hauling butt everywhere without having problems getting stuck.Now at the shoreline in the afternoon it gets slushy but no one got stuck yesterday i kept looking at the people coming off and they would just pick up some speed and get through it.The slush came out a couple feet froom the shoreline. So if you have a atv or snowmobile you are fine but there are a couple storms coming in this week so it might change next saturday. Hope this helps.
[signature]
Bassrods & Ocean, thanks for the info. Sounds like Yuba's the place to be. [cool]
[signature]