Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piute 2-7-08
Got to Piute about 8am. There is about 4" of snow at the state park and the same on the ice. Ice is about 16" thick, thank goodness for power augers. Started catching fish right off in about 10' of water with a chartreuse jig head tipped with a little piece of crawler. The bite slowed about 10am so we moved out to about 18' and found the fish again. I drilled some holes for three older guys straight out from the ramp in about 20' of water. They caught fish every 10 minutes or so until they left at noon. There were four or five other groups of fishermen that were not catching as many fish, but I think everyone was catching a few. Average fish is going about 17 or 18 inches and a couple of pounds. One of the old guys broke one off at the hole that was 6 or 7 lbs I would guess. I don't like to eat trout, so we didn't keep any.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. we have been hitting otter creek and even though the fishing is pretty good, there have been so many anglers there on the weekends that I want a change. Unfortunately my grandpa wants to go there this weekend. Hopefully I can convince him to come to Piute.
[signature]