Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what size sammy?
here in utah i fish for smallmouth and largemouth bass and i'm wondering what size lucky craft sammy every one else uses? the 100 or the 115? thanks
[signature]
The answer is match the size of the bait fish the Bass are feeding on. My answer is fish the big one, what do ya wanna be a baby killer???[Wink]
[signature]
i was thinking the same thing. i'm not gonna be using it for tournaments or anything and i want to catch the biggest fish in the lake so i'm gonna chuck the bigger one fun fishing.
[signature]
The little bass chase the big baits as well. Ever catch a 6" bass on a 5" crankbait?
[signature]
Bigger Baits attract bigger fish. Smaller Bass like to think that they are big too. You will still have a better chance at culling out the smaller ones though.

Just remember: Dead Bass Don't Grow.[cool]
[signature]
i always thought they did..... haha thanks guys
[signature]
I would use the smaller one if casting isn't a problem. The big ones will hit it also. Getting more hits and catching more fish will get your confidence up and you can practice hooking the fish. topwater fish can be tough to hook up on.
[signature]
That's a good point about them being hard to hook. What I try to do is quit paying so much attention to the plug. The longer it sits and rocks out there the better. If you wait until the fish pulls the rod down you will have a much better success ratio. I learned this night fishing. Sometimes you don't see the take and the fish would nearly rip the rod from your hands. Those ones stuck. So now I try not to look, the trouble is...they make so much noise slurping those things down I still strike too fast sometimes. By the way my new favorite topwater is a Strike King Zulu with a light wire hook rigged weedless and without weight. It just tantilizes them until they can't help themselves. Its soft so they hold on...bring pliers cause they suck 'em deep.
[signature]
Good ole Super Stretchy.[cool]
[signature]
I thought a sammy was a tasty sandwich made at Quiznos [Tongue].
[signature]
A samwich just ain't a Sammy unless it has Miracle Whip![laugh]
[signature]