Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roberts Gravel Pond-Non Ririe Report
On Thursday afternoon I tried to get to Ririe. Road closed so went to Roberts caught many small perch.

Sat morning made another attempt to get to Ririe, same thing road closed. I even tried to get around the blockade by going up by Heise and then over but the roads were all blown in and I didn't feel like having a bad day digging myself out, so I went to Roberts again.

We caught around 100 small perch. My son talked me into keeping 75 or so. I wish I hadn't of listned to him. It took me a couple of hours to fillet those small suckers. Anyway just had a great dinner of bite sized perchlets.

Moral of the story, if you have small children who need to catch some fish go to Roberts and use very small jigs on light line and spring bobbers. If you want Kokanee or larger perch wait for the road to open.

Good luck to everyone.
Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for the report. The bad roads also stopped me from going fishing on Thursday and Friday. Looks like the weather should be better this next week. [Smile]
Did you catch any trout at Roberts or do you think most of them have been caught out?
[signature]
Caught three trout all of them around 12".

Windriver
[signature]