Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 years on BFT
It has been 6 years since I made the decision to join Bigfishtackle. It is hard to believe it has been that long. A lot of changes have happened over those years. There have been a lot of ups and downs but all in all I'm glad I decided to join. We see seasonal lulls and a lot of spirited discussions[Wink] but what a ride its been. I'm looking forward to the next six years and wonder what they will bring. Thanks BFT. WH2
[signature]
ON the 19th I will officially been a member of BFT for 5 years. I was a lurker before that. I have met alot of great friends here and increased my fishing knowledge so much. Thanks all my friends here!
[signature]
congrats wh.
it's been 5 years for myself also. the knowledge that i've gotten from this board is priceless. hope to be around for along time.
[cool]
[signature]
Thanks Todd, I think Kentofnsl and I were the first two members to join BFT/Utah. I think Predator was a moderator then and invited us to join. There were few of us on the site at the time and we were always inviting new members to join. A lot of us came from the old Utahfishfinder site. How did you hear about BFT?
[signature]
i was just surfing one day and came upon bft. i lurked for about 6 months, then i decided to join.
[signature]
Wow, I didn't realize that yesterday was my anniversary. I should have gone fishing to celebrate. Sure would have been a beautiful day to do it.
[signature]
I joined up in december of 02' so i guess i am 5 too. am I the only one that thinks 2002 was soooooo long ago its hard to remember?
[signature]
I was wondering if you were going to see this post before your date went by. It's hard to believe it's been that long already.
[signature]
April of 2003 for me as "fish1on".

I was actually a member before that with a screen name of "boatless"
[signature]
I remember that[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=boatless;"] user name[/url], looks like your aniversery date was also in 2002. Hey Pat, how did you find out about BFT?
[signature]
I found BFT by accident. I moved here from Alaska and was searching the web for info on how to fish here. I still can't get the catching part down but I sure can put in a 12 our day trying. LOL
[signature]
I just barely passed the 5 year mark myself. I'm guessing there are quite a few people here that joined about that same time. If I remember right, that is the time that the Utahfishfinder site was going downhill quickly, and people were getting kind of nasty there. There were several people, probably those on this thread, that kept recommending this site. I was pretty loyal to the other site since it was a great site for so long (loved the ease of navigating the weekly fish reports by lake) but I finally gave in as the site continued to get worse.
[signature]
Your right, a lot of us came from UFF. It was the first utah fishing site I found when I first got on line around ten years ago. I agree with you about UFF being a good site until all the flaming started.
[signature]
Well I just past my 1 yr this month.. Hip Hip hurray..[laugh] I have to say that joining BFT was a great decision.. I have learned a lot & have meet some great friends.. Hope to meet and fish with many more.. [Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
My anniversary is easy to remember. 1/1/06. 2 years and some change but my time here has been priceless. Met some irreplaceable friends, lost my best friend that got me started here(Yper) and had some good discussions. Looking forward to many more years with BFT.[cool]
[signature]