Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Ice/slush?
Going wednesday to the big pond. Hoping for ok ice conditions with safety as a priority. Any reports since sunday would be greatly appreciated. Planning on hitting south east of rock pile of gus's point. Thinking of hitting 70-85 feet. Suggestions welcomed. Are they hitting large or small lures? Active or sitting jigs?

Thanks!
[signature]
No slush, but bring some ice cleats since its slippery in some places. Try tubes 4-5" tipped with cisco or sucker meat. Best depths have been in aout 77-90'. Good luck
[signature]
How was your trip? I was wondering how the ice is doing? I plan on going over on Saturday to try back in the area where I caught some bigger ones when it first froze over.
[signature]
Fished from 60-80 feet in water east of rock pile. Didn't graff hardly anything except a few at 63 feet. It was challenging because I knew I wasn't over fish and yet I relocated 4 times. I did manage to catch a 3.5 lb cut (stuffed full) in 63 feet when I actually moved closer to the rock pile. Most of my time, however, was spent slightly eastward of the house on the hill at the point. I'm hoping to try again next wednesday. From the ice conditions I saw, I'd expect them to remain good for at least 2 more weeks and possibly longer. It was surprisingly solid (7-10 inches in most areas I checked, with some areas a little thinner). Good luck to you. I look forward to your report.
[signature]
Depending on how cold it gets at nights on the BL the ice should hold up well. I am still thinking that it might be slow fishing this weekend. I think it will take another week before the big guys are hungy again. Either way, this Saturday @ 6:00 a.m. I will be on the BL ice cube.
[signature]
thanks for the update mclaker and the PM. We will be out there bright and early on sat and sun. Stayin in the condos so gonna hit it hard. We'll be the group with all the newbies, my cousins have never been on the ice, yet alone fished it so it should be a hoot and if we catch fish then that will be a bonus, The Bear always kicks my butt but my day is coming i can feel it. yeah right [crazy]
[signature]