Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i have an old pole
i have a old pole it is a tellscope pole there is no brand name on the pole it wass my great grampa's poil it is in good condishin it is realy old i would like to find out how much it is worth and how i can peseve it . it is 14 ft. long i will have pics on soon
[signature]
you are young, this if with out sayiing.

one day if you are lucky enough to be an old fart like me, you will then learn the value of tings.

while an item to one person may be worthless wouldnt give you a dollar for it in a garage sale, to another it is priceless you could not pay enough to get him to part with it..

here is how you can check what you have against what is on the market today.

at gandermountain and just about most well stocked fishng suply store you can pick up a 14-16 foot telicopic rod from 15-30 bucks. the quality of the product made today superceeds the fiberglass rods of 25 - 30 years ago. [center]a gift given to you regardless of the cost, [/center]

if it is given to you from some one down the road you bairly know, not much/what ever you can get for it,

a gift from a sweet heart - priceless so long as you never part.

a gift from a frend, price depents on howmuch you value your frendship.

a gift from mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, irreplaceable. once gone you can never get it back even if you pay a thousand dollars to purchass it back, you still gave it away.

there is an old saying that still applies to today, and yes even to you, never look a gift horse in the mouth.

with this said, and not have ever seeing the rod my self, I bet I can tell you just what the value of that rod is. [center]"Charrishable" [/center]
[signature]
ya i know my dad was wondering so i was seeing if anyone new
[signature]
now that I have seen your pole, I mean no disrespect, as a fishing insrament I probably wouldnt give you 50 cents.

as a nestalgic item to be used as a wall hanger in a game room, one might get any where from $10.oo to $200.oo, it is worth what ever some one will give you for it.

if this is something that gramps used it is worth a great deal more to you and your grandchildren then you could ever get from a buyer on a street.
[signature]
here they are
[Image: MESS3307CustomImage2474371.jpg][Image: MESS3307CustomImage2469325.jpg][Image: MESS3307CustomImage2486645.jpg]

davetclown if this is my grampas there is no way i would ever sell it!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]