Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Report 2/18
Fished Echo from about 9:30 am to 1:30 and caught 11 between 2 of us. Started out at the last pullout before the dam, walked about 200 yards closer to the dam and drilled in about 45 ft of water. Had a lot of nice hits, but as always, was doing something else and missed them. My buddy caught 4 from there.

We met flashyfish? He was there with his grandkids. It was a pleasure to meet you.

We then went to the boat ramp and straight out about about 300 yards. Before I had my 2nd hole drilled, managed to land 3. I then added 2 really tiny dinks before calling it quits. All of them were pretty small, we had one go 9 inches and filleted real nice, but everything else struggled to hit the 6 inch mark and the 2 tiny ones were maybe 3 inches.

We caught them all on either rat finkies tipped with an eyeball or kastmasters tipped with either an eyeball or meal worm.

All in all a great day despite the little fish. We saw several herds of elk on the ridge along with tons of mulies, and as we were leaving, 2 moose eating right along side of the road at one of the picnic stops. And, last of all, managed to pick up a nasty suburn on my face.

Good times!
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report Pacs, too bad the catching wasn't better for the bigger perch but it sounds like a good day on the ice. Seeing all the wildlife really makes for a good day also, thanks for sharing. WH2
[signature]