Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stream report 2/18/08
Had a good day fishing a stream on Monday. The fishing was good, the weather was good, the lunch was good and even the company was good!

Buggers were the pattern of the day.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]...And the picture files were too big...but purty.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I resized them for the benefit of our "bandwidth challenged".[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I knew you moderators were good for something!
[signature]
looks like you had fun. nice looking fish!
[signature]
So how was Blind? I like that river to bad most of it is private property.
[signature]
[Image: fish-on.gif]What stream are you talking about?? Looks like Uinta Basin. Good looking fish though, that second one looks like a 20" piggie. Nice work, lets hear about where you threw down.
[signature]
Nice fish. They look like they have survived the winter well.
[signature]
[reply]
So how was Blind? I like that river to bad most of it is private property.[/reply]

I might be crazy, but I'm not that crazy! Packing an auger a mile through waste deep (or deeper) snow only to hand drill through three feet of ice? Nope. Didn't hit Blind on this trip. I think I'll wait until June...

It is very unfortunate that the majority of this river is private. We have Wayne County to thank for that. A number of years ago, a section of land was offered to the DWR. The DWR wanted it -- but the county vetoed it. They, like many other rural counties, have some issues with government (State or Fed). They didn't want the DWR to own the land and killed the deal. Now, Red River Ranch owns this section of river. Instead of having a section of river open the public forever, it is now closed to everyone except those who can afford the expensive rates to fish a private section of river.

The county screwed up, and the public is who gets punished. It's similar to what is happening currently in the pissing match known as McGath.
[signature]
The Red river section is absolutely beautiful. Stupid people in politics just drive me nuts.

You never know how crazy some people are. I know you didn't drive all that way just fish a couple hundred yards of water.

I've got family in Loa. Maybe I should give them a call and get permission to jump a couple fences. I wouldn't be surprised if most of those fish never seen a hook.
[signature]