Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This ad is too controversial ?
This ad is too controversial?!

[Image: 18261.jpg]
Not that bad, right? We're scratching our heads to figure out what the problem is with this ad and our message. But I guess we'll find out in court!
All we're trying to do is bring this message is to the people. Portland citizens who get their electricity from PacifiCorp should know that their utility could run up their electric bills by refusing to take down four dams on the Klamath River. Those dams do very little but block the passage for salmon and detroy the once-mighty river.
Experts have shown that removing those dams -- and replacing the electricity they produce with other renweable sources of power -- would actually be cheaper than PacifiCorp's plan to keep the dams and build fish ladders. So we thought by running this ad on Portland area buses, PacifiCorp customers would start to raise the issue with their utility.
Well, we didn't get that far. The Tri-County Metropolitan District of Oregon (TriMet), the company in charge of the Portland buses, deemed this ad too "political."
We could use your support. The Oregon ACLU filed the lawsuit on our behalf, and they think that the argument for upholding our right to free speech is a strong one. But this lawsuit means more time and energy is put onto work that we didn't expect. So we'd like to ask for your participation and your monetary support.
Participate: The Portland bus ads are a key part of our Klamath campaign. But there are other ways to get the word out. The best way is through word of mouth. Please pass this ad on to as many friends as you can. Because TriMet can't stop you from passing this message on.
[url "http://www.friendsoftheriver.org/site/TellAFriend?page=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure2.convio.net%2Ffotr%2Fsite%2FDonation2%3Fdf_id%3D1660&type=0&id=0"][Image: tellafriend.gif][/url]
[signature]
Looks like someone needs a life Dryrod. I see nothing wrong with the add. It sounds like a win win for every one if they took down the dams. Hope they win this one.
[signature]
I think the add is right on. They're worried about a fishing add with all the crap that's on the radio and cable tv. Give me a freaking break.
[signature]
[cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]BTW that wasn't my comment about the ad being too controversial. Interesting enough a local paper ran the ad on their front page. About 300,000 people got the benefit of the message.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
A lot of newspapers would have fallen victom to the politics. Sounds like a pretty cool dude is running the news over there. [cool]
[signature]