Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lookin 4 an update on chesterfield
has anyone been up there lately? is the access road cleared? Its snowing here today,(ogden, utah) are you guys getting much snow up there today? We were going to head to Deep Creek but last time we tried the road was blocked off but that was 2wks ago after the big storm. Another time we tried to fish deep creek the buthead who lives in the house next to it with the other access road had piled his snow onto the deep creek road blocking the road. We are headed to chesterfield in the am so just looking for any updates at all, thank you very much.
[signature]
[Image: fish-on.gif] Not much new snow today. Good luck fishing, let us know how the ice is.
[signature]
I haven't been to Chesterfield since I posted a report about a month ago. There is snow and it will probably make the drive to Chesterfield longer but you should be able to make it there. Currently the snow pack at a near by gage is at 110% of normal. May look like a lot of snow for the area but it may still not be enough water to cover all of the water rights this irrigation season. I've ice fished Chesterfield 4 times this winter and it seemed like there was a snow storm making the roads questionable every time. The last mile of the road leading to Chesterfield isn't plowed as often as the other roads. I wouldn't attempt Chestfield without 4 wheel drive unless I had a current first hand report it could be done in a car.

Every winter I've ice fished Deep Creek the road that leads to the dam is not plowed and the snow plows often block the entrance to the road to the dam with snow they plow out of the way for some parking. After the snow gets deeper in late December or early January you just have to be willing to walk a little farther if you want to ice fish Deep Creek. There is also some area to park on the East end by the dumpsters.

Good luck if you go. Don't forget to post a report if you do.
[signature]
thanks guys, i will let ya know how it is. [Smile]
[signature]
Well we made it up there about 7am, the roads were icey due to the fog i think, so the driving was slow but not to bad. The road to chesterfield was good, it had been plowed along with 3 or 4 pullout areas along the lake. The ice was plenty thick, around 18inches with 6 more on top of snow. We took the 4wheeler out and fished about 100yds out from the little shack on the dam. We were only in 22ft of water and it looked like we were in the middle of the lake from what i could tell. the bite was very active in the morning, all fish suspended at 9-10ft. small ones all of them, for chesterfield anyway. We iced about 20 fish and kept our limits to take home for dinner. The keepers were not big but healthy round ones, probably only 16-17 inches. The edges were fine also. We left about noon and headed to deep creek to check it out. The access road was blocked by cars but the road was not plowed anyway. We drove around the other side and checked to see if we could get our 4wheeler down there for future trips but my buddy said there was no way he was attempting it. So looks like deep creek has to wait til ice off. We talked to another group that was in closer to the dam and they were doing the same as we were, no real bigguns to brag about. Anyway it was a great day fishin with a good friend. Cant ask for anymore than that.
[signature]
Thanks for the report
[signature]