Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2-cycle gas?
So I have put up the auger for this year, drained all the fuel out and ran it until it was dry. But now my question is what to do with my 1 gallon or so of 2-cycle fuel? I don't want to leave it sitting around until next year for fear that it may become contaminated, and I don't want to run it thru my truck for fear that it may foul my spark plugs. What have you guys done with your fuel in the past? I am thinking that if I put it in my truck then fill the truck with gas it may be okay, but I'm not sure.
[signature]
I don't know how many times my teenagers searching for some gas for there cars at the end of their pay period have used the gas from my ice auger or weedeater or chainsaw. They haven't had any problems. I think if you put new gas with it you would be safe for sure.
[signature]
I was told by a mechanic that as long as your vehicle is not fuel-injected and you add it to a nearly full tank (3/4 is probably OK), it won't harm your vehicle. If you have several gallons, just ration it to your next fill-ups. I've used my left-over auger fuel on my '82 Bronco with no harmful side-effects.
[signature]
Dumped in in my cars, trucks, and even lawn mower many times. No big deal.
[signature]
I accidently put 2-cycle in my mower, it smoked like....my smoker! Still runs great to this day. I added as much regular gas as I could to thin it out. On the other hand, I had some friends that accidently put 2-cycle in one of my generators and it screwed up the carb. I got it fixed but it was a generator, not a car. I don't think I'd be dumping 2-cycle gas in my means of transportation.
[signature]
just get some stabilizer and add a few ounces and it will good to go for next winter. Thats what I do with all my summer things like mowers, and the auger as well.
[signature]
Thanks for all the help, I think I will take it to work and run it in the company truck[Wink]. I just don't want to have it sitting around all summer, I live in an apartment so storage can be a problem.
[signature]
Just use it for landscaping; its much better than roundup[angelic]
[signature]
It works great as a firestarter during camping season!
[signature]
It could harm your motor so this is what you need to do..

First only this years gas bring it to me and I will take care of it for you at no cost to you (the more the better)its the best thing you can do with it...Trust me....[Wink][Wink][crazy]
[signature]
You can always take it out to the landfill. They have a place for things like that Don't get caught dumping it on the ground as it's illegle
[signature]
Makes for a great weed killer[laugh]
[signature]