Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ices BE GONE
Oh yes I am using all the ice be gone I can and it is working reel good the ice will be off Utah lake in a week or two at the most and Deer creek and Jordanelle and Yuba short there after (with in ten day) to have a boat on them...

Summer here we come....[cool][sly][Image: fish-on.gif][Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]
What do the magic minnows say about pineview?
[signature]
Quote:the ice will be off Utah lake in a week or two at the most and Deer creek and Jordanelle

Cliff, Cliff, Cliff. OK, now you're callin for a March 11th J-nelle ice-off. That means you've bumped it back 4 days from your last Spring Fever post.

As hard as it was to do, last time I refrained from prognosticatin. But today, I'm feelin my vinegar (or is that Scotch?).

Now coincidentally, yesterday I wuz looking at J-nelle via Lakeview.com. May as well have been lookin at the Arctic.

As I defined it on your last thread on this: "Launch at Hailstone, and wide-open water to the dam", I'm callin...

March 21. Read and weep... [unsure]
[signature]
Pineview is about the same as the Nell about 10 days or less and you can be on the water, but I did not say witch launch at Jordanelle you can use...[Wink]
[signature]
What you doin anyhows? The big gurlz ain't showin up for a while anyway.

And if there's any smart, ole buck who don't need the practice, it would be you. [Wink]

You're drivin yourself crazy. I gotta lotta home projects to do if you're settin there twiddlin thumbs...

March 21'er. You heard it here first. [Smile]
[signature]
You need to quote all of what I say to know what it is...

And yes (with in ten days after) Utah lake and other named Jordanelle will be ice free but witch ramp you can launch on??? You think about that...[Wink]
[signature]
You're not thinkin Rock Cliff's gonna open up first, are you?

Isn't it always (generally?) Hailstone first, Rock Cliff second?

Do tell.
[signature]
I may be at Powell or Quail this week end, + I know a few places that has open water now that I have been at catching a few bass at ....

No I'm not setting around I just got back from one place only got two bass both only about 12" at most...
[signature]
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Well, the best is yet to come.

And BTW, just cuz I'm predictin a late ice-off, doesn't mean I ain't settin here a 'shakin and a 'waitin with anticipation.

We're gettin close... [Wink]
[signature]
If it matters I would like to predict that the Provo will be totally ice free by tonight. And I predict that NETO will be fishing it within two weeks!!![Wink]
[signature]
You are right I know he will...[Wink]
[signature]
The first boat ramp open is the small one facing the dam...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That might be a safe bet. The PWC launch ramp is the last to freeze and the first to open. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But, don't you think camping out there every night (with the boat on the trailer) is a bit much?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Is launching at the PWC ramp if the main ramp is still frozen-in a no-no?

Who's got experience with this?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There are no posted restrictions and historically it has been used by the bass boat guys when the other ramps are not useable (without any hassle from the rangers). Because it is exposed to the prevailing south winds it clears out first and is the last to cap over.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]During peak activity periods (summer) however, they tend to frown on big boats launching from the small ramp...and chase the PWC crowd over to their own ramp. Last summer I saw a guy get a ticket for tieing up the ramp for a half hour trying to launch a huge pontoon party boat...while a half dozen folks with PWC trailers waited for him to figure out how to back down.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Good on the ticket.

I will not boat J-nelle on the weekend after May. It's utter madness out there.

Kinda defeats one of the purposes of fishing: to relax.
[signature]
No I have a sleeping bag that can take -30, its warm enough for me....[sly][Image: fish-on.gif][Image: fish-on.gif][Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]