Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little help maybe???...
Ok so I bought a Lor x125 fish finder... I have taken it out 2 times.. the first time I played around with it and couldnt even see the screen.. (yes Im a full out guy who doesnt read directions).. so It takes me a while to get the screen lighting to work better for me.. ok later that night reading the manual! Anyway, I played with every setting there was so it seemed. SO here is my new problem.. I have use others x125 before on a boat where I could see my jig no problem from 10' to 120'... didnt matter I would see the black line when I jig etc.. BUT with mine ice fishing, I dont see it.. I did 1 time when I really tried to hold my transducer right in the center of the hole and strait.. but usually I only see it going down until apx 30-40'.. any guesses.. yes I have played with sen, color, grey line, pings, etc.. my only guess now is the transducer not being below the ice with some sort of home made T pvc holding it??? any other thoughts.. ugg help!
[signature]
Were you able to see the bottom or fish on the screen? I know I have had trouble getting some of my transducers (I have had 4 or them) to work if they don't reach close to or slightly below the bottom of the ice. The signal just seemed to bounce off of the ice hole itself. Assuming the unit is not faulty and because you have tried adjusting the sensitivity setting (and assuming that the transducer is pointing straight down the ice hole) I bet that is your problem.
[signature]
It would show the bottom sometimes...(actually prob most of the time) I do know my trans didnt make it to the bottom of the ice.. prob more towards the mid/top... I did notice that the bottom had "bar" on it when someone else would turn on their fish finder..??? thought that was a bit weird to.
[signature]
the bar your seeing when someone else turns there fish finder on is just from interference. Find a way to extend your transducer so that it is below the ice, and then make sure your transducer is pointing straight down. Sometimes while ice fishing, my transducer will get bumped or moved, and I lose sight of my jig! Then make sure you are running your finder far enough away from your buddy using his so that you don't get interference. Do these things and I bet you won't have any problems.
[signature]
Don't get too close to any other fish finder does not matter if it is weaker or more powerful than yours it will cause interference.

Also check you upper and lower limits. You will see your jig and fish better if you set the limits to the depths of water you are fishing.
Example: fishing in 32' of water set the lower limits to 33'. Set the upper limits to 0' or 5'. If you are fishing in deep water for lake trout or any other spieces that holds tight to the bottom and you do not care about seeing the upper water column set the upper limits to 20' and the lower limits to the depth you are fishing + 1'.

Also check your depth range. If fishing in 32' of water set it to 40'. If you are fishing in 30' of water and the depth range is set to 60' you will have a harder time seeing you jig.

Depth ranger will tune you finder with in 10' -20' and the upper and lower limits will fine tune it with in 1 foot. I reset mine each time I go fishing and each time I move and the depth changes.

Give it a try it makes a huge difference.
[signature]
Yea - what MGB said. Tune it to the depth and it will pick that jig up a lot easier. I also have a Lowrance and it is hard to view the screen as well when cold especially if you left it in the truck overnite. Run it with the light on and it should keep the screen warmer and more viewer friendly.
[signature]