Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One more week!
I so anxious I can't stand it! I've got the bench all set up, downloaded 80 different podcasts of some tunes I like, got my first mold in the mail with assorted goodies, and now I'm waiting for payday to get the lead melting pot! NEXT week![:|]
[signature]
I feel your pain. Had a mold no hooks. Got the hooks and had no lead. Got the lead and had no time to pour them. Hooks and lead together finally and no paint. Get the paint and the wife says its almost Christmas time you will have to wait to get the rest. Ugh!

Well Christmas came and so did the rest of the supplies to do basic things. Here is what I made last night and this morning to try and match something I was told about for tomorrow.

Can't wait to get back up to Tubedudes and see what else I still need.[Wink]
[signature]
Erik, you've seen my arsonal of jig making stuff. and your welcome to come use it anytime. 13 molds, 3 melting pots and bunch of other stuff
[signature]
TLS13, looks like some good stuff for some troutski's! I no what you mean on getting all of your gear together, I still need to get paint and some more hooks.

Petty, I would like to come up there and have you give me a lesson on tying technics. I still at the bottom of the learning curve. Yesterday I tied a couple of leach pattern stuff on some prepainted jig heads I had, and they look alright, but the def could look better! In a couple of weeks, I'll give you a pm and we'll get together. I was down at TD's last week and he mentioned maybe coming up to Otown some time this spring. Maybe we'll have to coordinate something. As soon as I get my new camera for my BDAY next week, I'll post a couple of pics on stuff I've been doing.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]We have a new crop of jigger-doos coming along. And, more who have indicated an interest. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Do you wanna have a session at your place for the northern contingent and I can have one at my place later for the folks down here?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I can bring my tying stuff and you can demo pouring. Would that work?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
YES! The parents are on their way home from the Race and Farmers Union convention in Vegas and I got 'em stopping in at Cabela's and picking up the melter for me! I'll be pouring tonight![Smile]

TD and Petty, I'll be there for sure on the tying and pouring session.

My fly fisherman buddy was in town from Sun Valley and grabbed some of them leach patterns I was tying. He said they look good for flinging around with a fairy wand.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]"Fairy wand"? Hey, this ain't that kind of place.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Tieing flies is a lifelong pursuit that you will never stop learning or enjoying. And, you do not have to turn out perfect imitations of any specific critter to get the fish to vote for your stuff. A few basic colors, in the right approximate sizes and you can catch something on almost anything...sometime. But, if you are like most of us, your mind is always working on newer and better patterns to imitate something you have seen the fish feeding on.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Fun, fun, fun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
whatever works for you
[signature]
Yeah, I'm definatly always thinking of the new and improved. I cant help but do that with all area's of my life.

That, and my buddy is always giving me crap for me a worm drowner, so I say he flings a fairy wand![Wink]
[signature]