Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo and Rockport report
[Smile]Just a quick report on conditions and a little on the catching.

Drove by Echo on the East side going into Coalville and on the West side going home. Edges on the East side looked soft, but there were fishermen on the ice south of the resort. Going home there were a few guys near the Dam.

Went on to Rockport. Parked by the bathroom across from the State Park Marina. There were a few fishermen on the park side and more on the West side further south. The edge was solid going out. No slush to speak of. Walked out half way across and drilled a few holes. Several inches of frozen snow on top and solid ice under that. I never broke through the top crust while walking, but if the temps stay high, it could get slushy.

Caught several good size perch including two 10 to 11 inchers! Biggest I have caught at Rockport. Several dink perch that I only kept if they didn't swim down when released. Caught one trout about 15 feet down suspended in 45 feet of water.

I left about 4pm because I wasn't sure how good the edge would be going back. It was a little slushy, but still relatively solid.

There was actually some guys who had snowmobiles and a tent.

You can probably get another trip in on these reservoirs, but watch the edges!

Good Luck and remember to watch your bobber!
[signature]