Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Season on Pigs at Echo
Come to Echo! Come see the annual diverse and spectacular bloom of LITTER as the snow recedes! If you're lucky, you might also get to see several dead animals to make your trip an even more memorable experience! [unsure]

This is a good time of year to see just how dirty some of our fishing colleagues can be. I found trash out on the ice as well as a whole bunch in the parking area near the dam. Evidently, not all fishermen are sportsmen! I took a sack of trash home with me but there is plenty of bottles, cans, coffee cups, and case boxes to be harvested...

REPORT: Fished from about 1-4pm today. Fished across the lake from the dam parking area (near the spillway) in about 25-50 ft. of water (focusing near 35 ft.). Ended up with only 2 perch. Bite was very soft. Ice is thick and in good shape and easy to walk on. Some people poked through on the edges but I found an easy place to get on the ice.

Saw lots of wildlife. Many deer on the snowless slopes. Even saw some elk above the lake as well as a moose down below the dam next to the road. Saw one other moose on the far side of I-80 from the lake. It appeared to have died standing up in a snow drift. Poor fella! Please don't harrass the wildlife... winter is not over yet for them!
[signature]
I like your attitude. Its unfortunate that there are idiots like this that only care about themselves and do not think about anything else. I wish slobs that leave their garbage on the lake, would get fined 5K when caught. This is the only language they might understand.

A couple years ago I went camping with some family. We were camping at Left Hand Fork in Black Smith Fork Canyon. Its one of the most scenic places in Utah.

Anyway, when we got there, some slobs had left all there garbage. Dirty diapers, cans, etc....

We hauled out a bag of trash but still, most likely, didn't find it all.

I commend you for taking the time to make Echo cleaner!!!
[signature]
I'm with you brother! I picked up a few beer bottles and a whiskey bottle down at Lost Dog this weekend. I just don't get it.
[signature]
Who are these people?[mad][mad] Hard to believe it is where ever you go. Use an area and then treat it like the world is their garbage can. Good job on doing your part.
[signature]
You think thats bad? (well it is,,,but I've got more....)...
We have some family private propety on the Weber. Its in a rather easy area to access so we seem to get a lot...A LOT of trespassers.
I have shown up with trailer in haul for a nice weekend with the kids only to find our fire pit (there are several on the property) full of bottles, cig butts, dirty diapers, and the remains of our full size picnic tables. I have also found speaker boxes, carpet, car parts..including the back seat, old tires, a year book, tons of oil cans, spent shot-gun shells, male & female underclothes, etc.
Not only am I amazed at what idiots leave behind at the public lakes, but Im blown away with the ones that have the (#$*(&^) to actually trespass and then treat the place like their own dump.
Truly unbelieveable.
[signature]
the parking lot below poricipine looks the same way,and these are ice fishers,most of them other than the lion goons,they dont give a [#ff0000]hoot[/#ff0000] just trow there cans coffe cups what ever right in the parkinglot pigs at the pig is what i call em. ill be glad when the ice mealts to get rid of all these heathens.
[signature]
Guess i'll be taking some extra trash bags with me this weekend to porcupine. I was also in lost dog this past weekend and picked up a few beer cans and bottles also. Thanks to all you that help keep our lakes and rivers cleaner by doing your part.
[signature]
you will be able to drive around the dam in a car,if you want i was up on wed.and they had a patrol working the road all the way around. for what i dont know guess the county didnt have nothing else to do.
[signature]