Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FISH LAKE / OTTER CREEK
HIT FISH LAKE ON SATURDAY THE MARCH 1 AWESOME DAY, THERE IS ABOUT 5" OF HARD SNOW ON 20+" OF ICE THE HARD SNOW MADE IT A PIECE OF CAKE FOR THE 4 WHEELERS EDGES ARE HARD AND EASY TO ACCESS. FISHING WAS OUTSTANDING FISHED IN 18' OF WATER AND CAUGHT SPLACK PERCH AND A NICE RAINBOW. THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY WAS A 4 1/2 POUND SPLAKE ALL FISH WERE CAUGHT ON AN ICE FLIES OR CHATRUCE CURLY TAIL JIGS BELOW AN ATTRACTOR TIPPED WITH WAX WORMS TRIED PERCH EYES AND PERCH MEAT BUT WAXWORMS WERE WHAT THE FISH WANTED. IT WAS VERY STEADY ALL DAY LONG.
OTTER CREEK HAS OPEN WATER ON THE EDGES AND THE ICE LOOKS "ROTTEN" BUT IN THE 15 MINUTES WE WERE STANDING THERE TRYING TO DECIDE TO GO OUT OR NOT WE WATCHED A GROUP OF 5 FISHERMAN ABOUT 30 YARDS OFF SHORE ICE 5 RAINBOWS. EVEN WITH IT BEING THAT FAST I JUST COULD SEE GETTING WET. THE GUYS ON THE ICE BROUGHT BOARDS TO GET OUT ON.
HOPE THIS HELPS TIGHT LINE BOYS.
[signature]
Great report BSMart, thanks for posting it, sounds like you guys had a good day at fish lake.
On another note, I'm not sure if you realized it or not but your caps were on when you posted your report. For most of us, when you use caps it means your yelling at us. WH2
[signature]
He is trying to get our undivided attention!! [Tongue] Great report i need to make at least one more ice fishing trip i have not decided whether fish lake or strawberry for this saturday. From your report looks like fish lake would have better access. Thanks for posting bsmart.
[signature]
I need to get one last trip in too. How long does the ice at Fish Lake usually last?

Utahbill
[signature]
I dont remember but i think ice at fish lake lasts sometimes till early may or late april.I wish i had made it out to otter creek this year but i guess its gonna have to wait till ice off.
[signature]
Otter creek will have it's best fishing in the next couple of weeks. Ice will be coming off the edges and tube jigs will really get 'em. Use greenish or clear pepper in 1.5 inch styles with 1/16 ounce heads.
[signature]
Thanks for the info i might just have to take a trip out there in a few weeks .Probably take my toon .Is there any good place to shore fish . I have been there a few times but only in the ice season to the same spot so i dont know that body of water to good.
[signature]
[black]"How long does the ice at Fish Lake usually last?"[/black]
[size 1] [/size]
Last year I fished Fish Lake on March 17th and I wanted to go back a week later; however, the ice wasn't safe.
[signature]