Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tusa Liberator Fins
Do any members here own a pair of Tusa Liberator X-10 Fins? Or fish with someone who owns them. Was hoping for some feedback.
[cool][#0000ff]I don't know of any reports we have had on them, but in checking them out online they look good and the price is pretty good too. They have all the right features. The only problem I would have with them is that they come only in sizes up to size 13. That would not be big enough for someone with a size 12 or larger foot, wearing waders and extra layers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[Image: Liberator_Fins.jpg]
[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#990000]Tusa Liberator Fins[/#990000][/font]
The Tusa Liberator X-10 Fins use a Non-Vented hyrodynamic design for maximum propulsion. Balanced Flexibility gives powerful propulsion without fatigue. Easy-to-adjust strap features quick-release buckles.[PAT.] Super Comfortable open heel foot pocket.

Great quality name brand fin at a budget price.

[#990000]Tusa Liberator Fins - Fins [/#990000]

Price: $29.20
[signature]
...I saw the size restrictions but held off comment so I could defer to those more experienced.. but.. I find it all but absurd that what could be a very good product for tubers but the manufacturers seem to disregard the needs of the tuber by limiting or generalizing the sizes available..

.. in my case I wear an 11w shoe.. now put that foot with a couple of pairs of good socks inside the foot of the waders.. and that inside of a good boot.. and then all of that into the fins.. and it can end up being a tight fit.. luckily for me I got some excellent advice from tn2 on what to buy and not buy.. and although the fins feel a little snug at the onset.. once everything is settled in it is comfortable.. the next worry after a day of tubing is getting the fins OFF.. lol.. you have the combination of it being a little snug.. with the water and a slight bit of vacuum as things settled.. and it can be a little tough getting the fins off..

..Id love to see manufacturers cater a little more to the tubing community by offering more variety in a good product without straining our wallets to their limits..

MacFly [Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Don't be too hard on TUSA. They are first and foremost a diving equipment manufacturer. They focus on what divers want and probably are not even aware of the tubing market. Even if they were, it is unlikely they would make an attempt to add new models. Everything they make is intended to sell in volume and to sell quickly. They care not to get EVERYBODY.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
..I was not trying to come down hard on tusa.. but I do see what you mean.. my comments were about all manufacturers.. it seems for the most part that fins for us are an after thought.. or a generic one size fits all mentality..it just is frustrating at times.. [unsure]...but

that wont stop me from tubing.. [Smile]

[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Actually, we have it pretty good with fins. There are plenty to choose from, including several brands that make extra large size with good soft pockets. Big enough for almost any tuber with a bunch of extra layers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The big problem us big guys have, for cold water fishing, is finding "flats boots" large enough to hold size 13 feet, a couple of pairs of heavy socks and a neoprene wader foot. NOBODY makes one large enough. I have been using some special tubing booties I got from Cabelas about 25 years ago. They quit selling them shortly after I got two different sizes...for summer and winter. I have repaired them and kept them operational for all that time, but I keep looking for replacements.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have come up with several designs that would work, but have never taken the time to get the materials and put them together. I know from experience that it would be difficult to get a manufacturer involved because of the "limited" market. Maybe when my Cabelas booties finally wear out I can just duct tape my wader feet for protection.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
..for right now I think I have a good set up.. but then I dont have the really cold water that you do.. but Id like to make a suggestion if I may..

.. I bought one set of booties from sport chalet in a size 13.. (xl = `0 - 13).. they fit okay but have yet to see water.. what I do use and am very happy with is the booties I got at bass pro.. they are the ones with the little nub on the heel to help hold my fin straps in place (suggestion by tn2).. the day I went to bass pro they had the fins on sale for 30.00 and the booties on sale for 20.00.. both fit together well like they were made in the same mold.. the only drawback on the fins is they are listed as one size fits all.. they have plastic inserts for "smaller" feet.. I tried everything on there using a set of their waders..

.. if possible.. you may want to check out bass pro for the booties.. tn2 has seen them and says they are a good set..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the reply. I'm always hesitant to buy fins off the internet, due to not being able to try them on first, with my waders and booties on. Living in the Midwest makes for a limited selection of fins. I own a pair of Creek company fins, but man they're top heavy and I keep getting a "gouge" feeling on the top of my foot.

Although I wasn't able to reply while at work (I was lurking in the background) I made the plunge for the Tusa's should be here in a couple of weeks. I'm a 10 in shoes, I went with the 11. I figure this, If it doesn't work out I'll send them back. If they don't let me return them......Anybody wanna buy pair of fins?

Thanks for the feed back...
[signature]
I happen to use some of those myself. I like them for fresh and saltwater. They are comfortable when fitting your under footware carefully and give good power for the leg stroke invested.

Here is a picture of one of my crafts and the fins together.[Image: fish-on.gif]

[inline tallboy1.JPG]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I bought some booties from Basspro...size 13. They fit well for summer tubing but don't even come close to holding my well padded foot for cold weather stuff.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey Pat,

Cabela's has [url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0011351810636a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=18&noImage=0&Ntt=neoprene+booties&Ntk=Product_liberal&QueryText=neoprene+booties&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=4887&Nty=1"]these[/url] in their catalogue. Are they similar to the ones you have used for years?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Those are nothing more than one of a million variations of "flats boots". The ones brought out by Cabelas opened at the back and had velcro closure. Infinitely adjustable for different layers. Heres some pics from the picture board.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9667;][size 1]
Tubin' Booties. Once offered by Cabelas but no longer available. Feature wraparound strap with Velcro fastening.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9668;]
These "extinct" but wonderful footwear for tubers allow pulling them on through the wide back opening, and they are spacious to allow heavily layered wader feet to fit comfortably. [/size]
[signature]
Thanks Pat,

I was hoping they might have reissued the ones that you have been so pleased with all these many years. Guess I'll stick with my oversized water shoes.

God Bless,
Don
[signature]
...those are very close to the ones I have but mine do not have a felt sole ...

[signature]
Hey Tn2 are you sure you are actually flesh and scales of TD's as I do not see nearly enough PVC on that craft.

Majja
[signature]
I took that pic on the maiden voyage for that craft. I did one of those "Over nite quick and dirty" type of racks. It was only made for 4 rods.

The other rack I use holds just a few more.[cool]

[inline tuberod22.JPG]
[signature]
Ok I belive you now. Now that looks more like tubing with the Dude.
[signature]