Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riparian rights
Is there an individual or group out there who can cite a case study against big money developers winning a riparian easement against the "little people"? The city of Boyne City is currently involved with such a battle concerning a triangle of waterfront.

Big money wants to take it over and build big docks so big boats can come in. Locals want it to remain the same to help maintain the fishing with no more waterfront building.

I would like to have some additional info before I write an article on this situation.

How much more land and water do we have to lose before we wise up??!!

Rick
[signature]
you have only but one prayr,,

get your act together fast, get your group organized yesterday, and pitition to the dnr to have the property zoned as a natural area closed to any further development.

this is the only way you can stop the all mighty dollar form screwing up you neighborhood.

I have yet to see a judge or township favor in light of its residants wishes or what was there that entised them to move there in the first place over an individual or developer with that all mighty dollar in his hand.

I lost my boat launch to people who dont even live in my neighborhood. now I have to watch them pass back and forth my house to lauch their boats and I cant even use it.
[signature]
just wondering if there's been any further "development" .

i've joined in to stop further development of the upper manistee campground , a campground that was started by flyfishermen , now going to be revamped for weekend recreational tubers .
[signature]