Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Echo Report
Fished Echo on Saturday for perch. Found FishinPhil in the parking area and we decided to try out from the hill (point) on the east side. I started in about 28' and Phil thought the magic depth should be 37' so he moved another 100 yards out. Phil was right. No bites at 28'

Moved out by Phil. By the way, PLENTY of ice thickness - maybe 24" or more so re-drilling by hand was a CHORE.

Fished from 7:30 till noon. Left Phil at noon - he was getting close to his limit and I left with 20 but the "on-average" size is smaller and there are plenty of dinks. Not one trout.

Perch meat or an eyeball will get you plenty of action. Someone left a plank (thankfully) because the lake seems to be rising and the edges are a bit sketchy. But once you get on no problems with walking or slush.
[signature]
Thanks for the report LF, sounds like the perch catching is still good. I had heard the edges were getting soft at Echo, how far from shore had the edges melted when you left? WH2
[signature]
About 4 feet of "green" ice. It was cold enough in the morning that you could have hopped over, but at noon I'm glad the plank was there.

With this warm weather the lake should be rising some more so I bet you'd need to clear 5-6 feet to get on the ice. Again once you're on there is a LOT of ice.
[signature]