Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubin accessories
i know that alot of people have multiple rod holders on their tube and a fishfinder and other stuff.

But how do you have any room on them and how do you keep from losing equipment?

I need to find out a way to somehow have a rope or a flotation device for my rods so that I dont dump another one like I dumped my Newell 220 and my Seeker 270 in Alamitos bay a few weeks ago.

Also what is a good way to strap on a multiple rod holder(rocket laucher style)?

Big and small kill em all

Aaron
[signature]
[cool]Hey Aaron, if you have a rod rack built, then tie it to your tube with good nylon rope, or use clips to hook it to the D rings on the outside of your craft. If you are launching and beaching in rough conditions, like surf, you can use a bungee cord or some stretch cord from a camping supply or military surplus store. I sometimes take a length of the elastic cord, run it across the rack and then pull it up over the reels while I am doing anything that might cause a rod to leap overboard.

If you want a diagram on how to put together your own rack, like the one in the pictures on my craft, PM me and I will send yo a diagram and help walk you through it. If worse comes to worse, you can just glue three tubes together in a line, using a "T" and a couple of elbows of PVC pipe. I tried to access my pics to post an old one, but couldn't get into the website. You can make a good one to lash onto your tube for less than $5.
[signature]

Hey there dh tubinaaron,

Nice talkin' to ya at Mother's yesterday. At least I think the person with joe was aaron member of the dh gang. ha ha That was a nice diamond turbot you had there too.

You'll notice that on the float tube message board main page, there are archive at the upper right hand side with numbers 1..2..3. There has been a whole lot of discussions on accessories in the recent past so you should get a good overview of what's out there by going thru those. Of course everybody is happy to give ya the gritty details and specific items.

Oh, ya, I got two big jack smelt on the fly and that was it!

JapanRon
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]hey japan.. arron wasn't there yesterday... it was our other friend greg that doesnt have online access so Sadly cant be in our group.. well arron had school because Sadly[Sad] we have different weeks of spring break[Sad]. aha well i wish i can finally meet u.. its killing me to ask everyone that i talk to at the lake if they use this site[laugh]... hahahahaha... ok later[/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Aaron. A follow up reply. I am going to put together a collection of some of the pics of my past experiments to give you an idea of the thought process. If anyone else out there has pics to share, send them to me and I will upload them and post them.

One of the requests I get from time to time is a method to set up rods to ride horizontally, rather than vertically. I have a couple of tubing club websites I will drop in on to "accomodate" some pics of those too.

By the way, Bro, you better check with Chris. That "Care Package" from Arizona should be there in the next day or so. Make sure he doesn't get away with all the goodies first.
[signature]
Thanks TubeDude

Im goin to make my livewell tonight and make a multiple rod holder out of one of my old wall rack ones, Im goin to put it across the back of my Navi IV right behind my head rest laying across the two pontoons

Thanks again

Aaron
[signature]
[cool]Sounds like you're on the right track, Aaron. You might wanna take a look in the photo pages of this website [url "http://www.bass-n-tubes.com/"]http://www.bass-n-tubes.com/[/url]

There are quite a few bassers in this Northern Cal. club that have their rod racks set up behind them. If you set yours up that way, see if you can get a picture and send it to me. I will post it so that others can use it for inspiration.

Good luck.
[signature]
Thanks alot TubeDude,

I rigged it up like your wife has hers, She's quite the fisherman! Big ol kitty's!!!

Thanks again,

Aaron
[signature]

Hi there dhTubinChris,

Same here! I'm an older guy but have always got along well with younger people 20, 30 years my junior and my seniors. Good to see you and your buddies fishing and organizing. Don't be dissapointed at some of the tournament turnout numbers as even established ones seem to be cursed with big time fluctuations in attndance. I can't do Saturdays but I always fish somewhere on Sunday.

Oh ya, LA and Long Beach librarys have free internet access and for minors you have to have your parents permission but your friend greg could use their many machines.

JapanRon
[signature]
LOL thanx,

i just talked to Chris and theyre at Santa Ana river lakes[Sad], I couldnt go because my Spring Break was last week, So far Greg has caught one, chris none and they dont know about Joe, But chris says there's soem people just slayin them and said he saw a guy pull a 10lbs plus lightning trout out of there.

School SUCKS![Sad]

Aaron
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]i turned out with 1 trout and im never going back! i wanted to fish to literally jump on y hook becuz of the thousands of pounds of fish. but i did get one and arron is right they did slay them near the "net" ya i'll see you guys later[/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]
hey japanron,

Me and tubinchris are going to alamitos bay tomorrow. I was wondering if you wanted to come along with us. it would be a pleasure to meet you.

Greg told me that he talked to one of the guys from the BFT message boards. he didnt know who it was, but, NOW I DO!!! yipeeee!!

Hope to see you there, we will be between the apian way bridge and the 2nd street bridge.

Joe
[signature]
Ya ROn

You gotta go!!

Aaron
[signature]
Thanks everbody for your help!

Aaron
[signature]

Hey there DHtubinjoe, dhTubinChris, and dh tubinarron,

Tomorrow, every Saturday, I donate my time to taking care of my mom. By the time I finish doing stuff for her it's 2 or 3pm. On top of that Tomorrows high tide is 7:04am so....

Fish with you guys another time. Good luck to all. If you're lucky you'll hook up with another tuber who's nickname is littlefish as he and his buddies fish there sometimes either Saturday or Sunday.

JapanRon
[signature]
alright well, sorry you can't go. but you have a good reason.
thanks for replying.

joe
[signature]
[Wink] ya that sucks you couldn't go... i got 3 shorts but one was close.. [cool]
[signature]
I have four bags velcroed to the top of my pontoon. can put lots of gear in them. Also looking to find new ways to make racks. hmmm pvc and mesh????
[signature]
Here is a photo base of how I rigged mine up. On the Cardiac there are now three more Scotty rod holders and I point them back and out to the left out of the way. On the Echo, my fish finder is on an L shaped piece of aluminum and I slide it between the tube and the frame. Rof holders are again the Scotty's for float tubes. The transducer I put in a FB holder.
[url "http://www.pbase.com/albot/venture_outdoors_echo_float_tube"]http://www.pbase.com/albot/venture_outdoors_echo_float_tube[/url]
[url "http://www.pbase.com/albot/cardiac_pics"]http://www.pbase.com/albot/cardiac_pics[/url]
I do recommend leashes on your rods.
[signature]
A guy up here last summer in a float tube lost his prized fly rod combo in a lake in about 20 feet of water. What he did was to get it back was drag a rake on the bottom until he found it. I was really impressed.[Smile] He must have found alot of other crap too i would imagine
[signature]