Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake bass-on
Oh yes there is lots of open water and the fishing is fair, the water temps by the ice is 46 and in by the reeds its up to 50 light wind and sunny....

I don't know how many white bass I caught but I got three LM bass had one walleye up to the boat and my hook broke, seen TD and Mrs TD in there tubes not sure how they did...

I will send my pictures over to TD to post, I watched the people who net carp and they got a bunch all cats and other fish but carp was let go it was fun to see just how they net them...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great pics of the netters. How much do you have to pay them to sort out a few for you?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Any idea what they are doing with those fish? My understanding was that they can't sell them now that the PCB thing has been documented.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Utah has much lower % then the Feds. do and from what they told me they are selling them to Calif....

A can of tuna has more then the carp does, and all that goes to them gets turned into fish burgers...

Picture #6 is looking in AF boat harbor...
[signature]
Where's the fish pics YOU caught?? I want pics of real fish, not vermin.[Wink]
[signature]
how big were the largemouth you were catching?
[signature]
?? I didn't catch them, Cliff did.[Wink]
[signature]
That pretty interesting. I haven't seen that many carp since I visited Danling Rope Marina back in August.
[signature]
thats what i meant. cliff ( bassrods ) how big were the largemouth?
[signature]
Dude if you want to reply to someone you hit reply on their post. If you just hit the one above you it notifies that guy that someone posted to his comment. I got chewed out about this awhile back. Thought I'd save you the trouble.
[signature]
You are right about that, a member of the Loy family said explicitly that the carp are for strictly human consumption. Some of it is eaten whole out of state. Some of it is processed as yep......fish burgers, fish sticks. I heard that most major companies use utah lake salmon. One of them that was specifically mentioned in the conversation was Kraft. Basically if ingredients say processed fish or "fish," it can include anything that is a fish. Just like hot dogs say pork, chicken, and beef. What that means is that any part of the chicken, pig, or cow can and will be included. Every time you bite into a hot dog you may be eating ground eyeballs, guts, bones, and possibly the gentalia of the animal. Be sure to watch fear factor when you eat that next corndog. You are eating the same things, just presented in more appealing ways.[Wink]
[size 1][black][size 2]"A can of tuna has more then the carp does,"[/size][/black] [/size]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][cool]I think you have your chemistry Confused. Carp are full of PCB and Tuna have mercury. But you are right. The federal standards have been "adjusted" in some cases to allow commercial fishermen to keep selling their catch. Makes ya wonder how much lobby money the commercial fishermen are donating to election funds. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
Are those guys allowed to net all year? Do you think they affect the other populations any...how often do they get the bass and other fish that live there?
[signature]
I am not that familiar with Utah Lake. What ramp did you put your boat in at?
[signature]
I like pictures that are with some one holding them so you can see the person who caught it and bass that are only 14" to 15" are just fish that are fish...

And only getting two LM bass is real slooooow fishing, and white bass and carp!! Well so you want more pictures of carp???More them whats in those nets??? Why???
[signature]
I'm just a dum fisherman what do I know about that stuf...[Wink]

Thats why I C&R most of the time..[sly][Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]
I ask them about that, and watch them turn lose all the cats and even walleye but they can keep all carp and only so many pounds of white bass all the rest goes back and they do let all the rest go back...
[signature]
The one behind the old steel mill, I know how to get there but not the address...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Lindon Harbor is just west of the big new power plant, on the site of the former Geneva Steel complex.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff] [size 3][#0000ff][font "Times New Roman"]DIRECTIONS TO LINDON HARBOR[/font][/#0000ff][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I-15 (north or south) to Lindon Exit 273 (600 So.). West to Geneva Rd. (Hwy 114). Right (north) under I-15 overpass to first light at 200 So. Turn left (west), go back over I-15, continue through industrial area to dead end at 2000 West. (at the garbage dump building). Turn left, go over railroad tracks and then follow the road around to the right. After crossing the railroad tracks you will see the gate to Lindon Harbor straight ahead.[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Fees are $5 for vehicles and $2 for walk ins. [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]There are nice restroom facilities, but not flush toilets. There is road access both to the north dike and along the south dike. Sometimes fishing is better out in the main lake, but you can often do well (especially at night) inside the harbor. Usually lots of mud cats (bullheads) and sometimes some good channel cats. Often there will be white bass and even the occasional walleye inside too. Those who know what they are doing get some decent crappies and largemouth inside the harbor, especially in the spring and again in the fall months.[/font][/size]
[signature]
Thanks TD for the address...
[signature]
have you ever seen the strippers in dangling rope i remember 4 or 5 years ago seeing as many strippers as there were carp. both species loved the ice cream i gave them.
[signature]