Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPEN WATER AT KOLOB (EVEN MORE BIG FISH!)
FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T ALREADY HEARD... THERE IS OPEN WATER AT KOLOB. THAT'S RIGHT, YOU HEARD ME. THERE IS OPEN WATER AT KOLOB, I REPEAT, OPEN WATER AT KOLOB. I WILL BE HEADING UP THERE THIS WEEK, SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE REPORTS. NO, REALLY. STAY AWAY FROM KOLOB. THOSE FISH ARE MINE![mad] JK[Wink] BUT REALLY, I WILL SEND REPORTS AS SOON AS I CAN, AND PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GO UP THERE AND POST ABOUT MORE LENGTHY AND DETAILED TRIPS FOR US AGENDALLY-CHALLENGED PEOPLE.
[signature]
Went to kolob thursday, friday, and saturday evenings. The best bite seems to be in the evening. Fly fishing is good during the day, with spin tackle in the evenings. Very good all along the shoreline. Should pick up in another week or two though.
[signature]
can a car drive all the way to the lake?

thanks

sm
[signature]
hey moutain

they spawning yet?
[signature]
Here we go. You can drive clear to the lake and then to the north end, but not back around on the west side. They aren't spawning quite yet, probably in a week or two.

[url "http://www.americansouthwest.net/utah/zion/zion_canyon_map.html"]http://www.americansouthwest.net/utah/zion/zion_canyon_map.html[/url]

you can get to kolob by following the map on this web page. Take the road that goes east out of laverkin up the hill that takes off right by farmer's market and the chevron. take it until you get towards the end of virgin where there is a road that takes off up to the north that has a green sign that says "kolob ranch" or something like that. Follow this very windy, and cliff hanging road clear to the end. You will drive past Blue Springs reservoir first. It is a small, private impoundment. Just drive on past. It should take you NO LONGER than 30-45 minutes from virgin unless you get stuck behind a motor home.
[signature]