Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New SFC Setup and Mods
[cool] [font "Times New Roman"][size 3][blue]While tinkering with various add-ons and modifications on my last SFC, and also on my recent H3, I think I have refined my system somewhat and the way I have our current models tricked out seems to be both effective and also very conservative for space and weight. I will be doing a separate descriptive post…with pics…for the sonar installation. I will try to cover most of the other stuff here.[/blue][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][blue][size 3] [/size][/blue][/font] [ol] [li][font "Times New Roman"][size 3][blue]APRON: The first thing to go was the wimpy Outcast apron. I kept the latest version of the rigid (plastic) apron from my H3. One of the things I did, as the latest upgrade, was to drill holes in the surrounding plastic rim at the top corners and run a length of 3/8 in. PVC tubing across the top. I then pulled a length of stretch cord through the tube and attached small carabiner snaps on each end. The tube should be wide enough to provide rigid support, resting on top of the air chambers. The clips make attaching and detaching quick and easy. If properly fitted, you do not need clips on the rear of the apron.[/blue][/size][/font][/li] [li][font "Times New Roman"][size 3][blue]ROD HOLDER: Again, I merely transferred the 4 tube rod holder over from the old H3. The positioning of the side D rings is almost exactly the same, so all I had to do was put the nylon loops on the D rings and I was good to go. Oh yeah, I spray painted the tubes green instead of the red color I had for the “Rojos”.[/blue][/size][/font][/li] [li][font "Times New Roman"][size 3][blue]TOOL RACK: I finally came up with a 5-function tool rack that works perfectly for what I take out on the water. (see pics). The rear tube holds my landing net backward at a 60 degree angle. Easy to reach but out of the way. The front tube is a slotted vertical tube that provides a place to hold the rod I am currently using…while retying, dealing with a landed fish, moving from one place to another under power, etc. The three middle holders are modified (drilled, ground and smoothed to fit) to keep my pliers, knife (in plastic sheath) and lip grippers ready for action and easily reachable. I use a small bungee cord to secure the tools in place when I remove the tool rack for transport. The net is also removed.[/blue][/size][/font][/li] [li][font "Times New Roman"][size 3][blue]SONAR: See separate post with pics.[/blue][/size][/font][/li][/ol]
[signature]