Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PATIENCE PAYS OFF
[Image: fish-on.gif] 3-12-08 SHELL BEACH REPORT....Fred and Sonny joined me yesterday after 2 cancellations because of weather and we finally had a decent day. The tide was just starting to come in so I headed for a long bayou in the Biloxi Marsh, dropped the Minn Kota and started titelining H&H Bluemoon cocahoe tails with the tails dipped in garlic chartruse, and after a few casts Fred was hooked up with a nice 2 lb. trout. A while later it was Sonny's turn and he answered with another 2 lb. trout . The bite was steady but slow and it lasted through the morning into early afternoon and the guys stayed after them and ended up with a good catch for March. They ended the day with 30 nice keeper specks and returned about 12 throwbacks to fight again another day. Patience is the name of the game and thats what it took yesterday to put a few in the box. It's always a blast to fish with Fred and Sonny and today was another good one. ANOTHER GREAT DAY IN THE BLAZER BAY.
CHALLENGER RODS, ABU REELS & H&H TACKLE HAULED THEM IN AGAIN.

CAPT. HOOK / ESCAPE FISHING CHARTERS

ACCOMMODATIONS AVAILABLE
FOR RESERVATIONS CALL

985 847 0672 H
504 512 2602 CEL
[signature]
I needed to hear a good saltwater fishing report. It's almost time to start hitting the water here in SC. another month or so, and i'll be in the water. (maybe sooner) I know some guys are starting now. [Smile]
[signature]
Were just getting started,chartering has been really slow because we had a very windy winter, with many cancellations, but things are starting to settle down and booking are starting to pick up for the upcoming Spring spawn in the bays. In the meantime my son and I are starting to practice for this years Coastal Conservation Assoc. (CCA) redfish challenge tournament which takes place on April 5th. We were knocked off the board right at the end by 2 oz. last year so this year we have to fish harder to get in the big money . Last year 144 boats were entered with the top prize being $12000.00 and a payout for the next 25 places. It was a lot of fun and the competition is great with some big name Redfish Tour guys entering. The level of the competition is so high that it makes you fish at a different level, I love it. I'll keep you abreast of what we are doing. Have fun fishing....Capt. Hook
[signature]
Hey Tim, i've got a buddy that moved to La a few months ago, and he's been wanting to go fishing. Shoot me an email or PM with your info on it so I can get it to him. He's a boat captain for the big bardges in your area. Thanks
[signature]