Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote controlled boats?
Is it illegal to fish with a remote controlled boat in utah? I haven't been able to find anything in the proc that says yes or no. Is this one of those gray areas that there isn't a clear answer?
[signature]
Call the DWR and ask, if they can't tell you no one can and let us know what they say...
[signature]
When i used to fish stansbury park theres was a few people that fished with them the only problem i see is if you get a fish that pulls the boat out of reception what happens
[signature]
i saw a commercial on tv the other day that sold em specificly dedicated to catching fish. i think this was it. hell.http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3015977
there is also some cool vids on u-tube fishing with em.
[signature]
Here is what the DWR just told me....A remote controlled boat is considered a single pole when your fishing with the boat. If you have a 2 pole permit, you can have a pole and your boat or 2 boats etc. So it is legal in Utah.
[signature]
Had to make sure it was legal, now check this out! My first catch with my new toy.
[signature]
LOL...that's awesome. How much did your toy cost?
[signature]
What happens when a big ol tiger muskie eats that blue gill?......Is there a quick release to save the boat?
[signature]
Oh man that sounds so fun!!! Nice job on the bluegill!! Imagine a 2stroke gas powered RC boat... that may handle some bigger fish!
[signature]
$50 bucks is all it put me back. It says it can bring in fish up to 2 pounds and I plan on putting that to the test. I'll just tie on line to a fishing pole so if I have to reel in the fish and the boat I'll be ready.
[signature]
too funny i guess they do work!!!
[signature]
Oh man that's hilarious! Nice catch. Have you tried trolling? How do you set the hook? I'm actually pretty fascinated here, and it even sounds entertaining. Can you give a brief description on how you set it up? Thanks in advance.
[signature]
The boat comes with everything but the bait. if you look at the back of the boat you'll see a nob where a plastic ring hooks the line to the boat. I just cruised out and had a bubble with the worm about a foot down and when I saw the bobber go down, I gunned it. Thats the hard part is getting the timing down. 50% of the time I had a fish playing with it I couldnt set the hook. I caught 6 bluegill on my first trip that lasted about an hour. You could troll but not for long periods of time. The manufacture doesnt recommend that you run the motor for more than 5 minutes at a time or it over heats and could malfunction.
[signature]
That is awesome do you mind sharing where you was fishing[Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]
I tryed it out on the Jordan River.
[signature]
An aquaintance of mine has one of those Humminbird Matrix fish finders. The kind that you an cast out the transducer from shore and it sends the signals back to the Finder wireless.
Anyway, he mounted the transducer to a remote control boat he bought at Toys R Us. It is really cool to watch him criss cross back and forth, moving farther and farther away until he locates fish. Then he stops the boat and casts next to it.
[signature]
I've used (and destroyed) one while bank fishing to get my bait out much further than I can cast it. It really irritates my fishing buddy who prides himself on his long casts! I just open my bail and send it out attached to a clothes pin. When it gets out to where I want it I close the bail and give it a quick tug to release the line and drive it back to shore. Also great for when my A.A.D.D. kicks in when fishing is slow.
[signature]
I watched a guy lose his little RC boat down at Bountiful Pond one day. He was trolling a worm about 3 feet behind the boat and had picked up quite a few bluegill. Well the boat was cruising along when all of a sudden WHAM the back end went straight down. The boat was gone for about 6 seconds and it popped back up, then WHAM, right back down. a few seconds later it pops back up about 20 feet from where it went down. It kept going like this for about 5 minutes when the boat got too much water and must have sank cause it never came back up. Probably a carp or large catfish. Funny to watch, not so funny for the guy, he said it cost about $85.[crazy]
[signature]
[cool] If you attached a down rigger relase to the back of the boat you could attach your pole to the release, giving you the option of using the boat to bring'e in. If you hooked a large fish yoou would be able to give your rod a quick snap then reel'em in, saving your boat in the process.
[signature]
Where did ya pick that boat up Iz gots ta have one
[signature]