Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tackle Crafting Bench!
Finally took some pics of the bench. Check 'em out guys. I've got a gaggle of jigs to paint and tie. But I'm off to a good start!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=34269;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=34270;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=34271;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=34272;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=34273;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=34274;]
Thanks for the edit TD!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, Bro, nice work.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'm sure you will have fun with your new "TD starter kit".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let me know when you are ready for another session.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
A couple of weeks im thinking. My neighbor Luke has been purchasing some supplies and we're going at least get a couple all the way finished. He would like to come down with me next time. I think we've got the rest of the paint we need in the mail, so it shouldn't take us to long to finish what we've got poured.

Did you recongize where the drying rack came from? It's the front guard off of my old "Mr. Heater" that doesn't work anymore. We just bent the bottom portion to fit and hold int the peg board!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I did not recognize the source, but it looks like a good design.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Wonder where you got the idea for using a wire rack?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here are a couple of pics of variations I have used.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I like how wide that first one is. I thought about rounding up another one, but I'll just end up filling it up with unpainted jigs and then I'll have a bunch lying around waiting to be finished. Not like I already do though.

I can't wait to finish those and get 'em out on the water for some hands on R&D. (thats the really fun part![laugh])
[signature]
Very nice. That is a great work area. I'm jelous.
[signature]
Thanks! My favorite thing about it is the removable vise. That way, if I have other garage projects, I can move all the stuff out of the way and use the bench. I framed it strong enough that you could probably put a v-6 block on it, not that I ever would, but it would hold. It would work out perfect for a dirt bike engine.
[signature]
Great set-up! Looks like you are on your way to a lifetime of "work". Post up some pics when you get a few painted.
[signature]
Will do man! I've just about got some marabou pony heads done.
[signature]
Nice work station.
[signature]