Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay report
Well I couldn't stand it any longer today, and took my boat up to Willard Bay to get it wet, and try out my new trolling motor and fish finder. I went to the North marina, and was suprised to see that the lake was still about 98% iced over [unsure] Still I got my boat in okay. The depth in the channel was 6 to 7 ft, and 9 to 12 at the edge of the ice. The ice edge was about 100 to 150 yards out of the NM. Water temp was 38 to 42 degrees. The ice is very thin and rotten. My wake was breaking up the edge on every pass. The next storm should clear it out. Attached is a pic of the ice edge.
I ran my boat up and down the edge of the ice at full speed to blow the cobwebs out of the main motor, and then fired up the kicker. I marked a few fish and threw some lures that I picked up over the winter at them, but nothing. It shouldn't be long now, but I think we're still two months out before the wipers get active. Fred K.

[#ff0000]Fixed yer pic. 20 lashes with a rotten crawler.[/#ff0000]
[signature]
O'h sure go when I'm working, but it looks like I didn't miss much. They are going to yell at you because your pic is too big [Smile]. How did the new motor work? Did it hold it's corse as claimed? Only a few more weeks and we will really put it to good use.
[signature]
Greetings TH!
Nope, you didn't miss much, but the feeling was like exercising a (frozen) demon just to be on the water again [Wink] My new trolling motor is the Minn Kota Terrova 101 w/auto pilot, co-pilot, and US2. The PD70 that I used to have had the co-pilot, so I was familiar with its use, but the auto-pilot is new to me. All I can say about it is WOW! You point the motor the direction you want to go, set the speed, and away you go. It even compensates for wind. How I made it this far without one of these I'll never know [cool]
Yeah sorry about the big pic, but I don't have any software to resize it. See you on the water.... soon I hope! Fred K.
[signature]