Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe Report
I finally got back out to Ririe Sat. from 3:30-6:00.

I did not catch a ton of fish but we got two cutts, two perch, and a sucker.

The best part of the day is when a bald eagle and a hawk got in fight over the sucker. It looked like two wwI biplanes dogfighting straight over our heads. They were shrieking and screaming. It was truly spectacular. The eagle won, but decided the sucker was too big and stole two perch instead. It is amazing how they can come in with such incredible speed and take a fish off of the ice without hitting the ice or landing. The eagle and hawk show made the slow fishing irrelevant it was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen in nature because it was so close. Of course I did not have a camera or video camera with me on this particular day[pirate]

Windriver
[signature]
How is the ice doing up there? I am planning to get my boat up to Blacktail as soon as there's open water and try my hand at trolling for kokanee. I've heard you can really catch them trolling right after ice off.
[signature]
The ice is starting to get soft on the top from the warmer day time temps. It was a bit difficult getting on the ice but you still can by going out all the way to the end of the boat dock. The ice is still 20" thick but is losing its strength. Be careful if anyone goes out and test the ice often.

I went back out yesterday evening and caught 4 trout 2 perch 1 Koke and 3 chubs. It rained off and on all evening which did not help the ice conditions.

The bald eagle came back out right before dark and had a chub dinner. I managed to get it on video tape but not on still pictures.

Good Luck to anyone going out and be careful of the changing ice conditions.

Windriver
[signature]
Dang! I was also hoping the ice was off so I could get the boat in the water. The trolling was sensational last fall for Kokanee and trout.
[signature]