Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard completely ice free!
Drove by Williard today on my way to Tremonton and thought I'd report. No ice as far as the eye can see! Thought that would be important info for a few people. My only experience at Willard was last year off the shore. I hooked something and fought it for a minute before it broke off. I hope to have a better experience this year. PS watch out for the mosquitos. I saw hundreds of columns of them hatching in the swampy fields.
[signature]
I fished it tonight and it is completely ice free except for the huge ice berg on the island. No fish caught but it should get better soon. Water temp was in the 50's.[Wink]
[signature]
[size 1]
Quote:[size 1]PS watch out for the mosquitos. I saw hundreds of columns of them hatching in the swampy fields.[/size]

[/size][Smile] What you saw was more than likely midges, not mosquitos. While there are a few mosquitos out already, Willard is famous for the column after column of midges. They drive most people crazy because of thier numbers, but they do not bite or stick you.

I'm ready for the fish bite to begin. Bring it on.
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Reason there is NO ice is because there is NO water!!![Wink] They need to fill that bad boy up before I venture my @$$ onto it!!!
TS
[signature]
Oh come on..I was out there last friday and didnt hit bottom once...[Tongue]

FF462
[signature]
Congrats!!! But dont forget WE have both caught the same amount of fish this year....ZERO!!! I havent been fishing since Thanksgiving week!!!
TS
[signature]
That is too Sad trout_slayer. I cannot make it more than about 1 1/2 months without fishing. Why haven't you benn out?[Sad]
[signature]
Tell me about it. I usually try to fill up my time getting back into shape during the winter months. I do not ice fish, but I do love river fishing. I have been doing alot around the house (new carpet, hardwood floors, tile, etc. etc.), excuses to be lazy I suppose. I just want to put my boat on the water and go, go go!!!![Image: fish-on.gif]
TS
[signature]
Any particular reason that you do not Ice fish. I think ice fishing is a very relaxing experience. Sitting there on some frozen water thinking about wohat is swimming under and all.
[signature]
I would not say lazy, it sounds more like Fish planning. Do all the chores in the house in the winter and than when you want to go fishing you can always say remember I did ... fill in the blank.
[signature]
no no no, hes plain 'ole lazy [Tongue] he has plenty of opertunities to head up to the Bear river, and the Weber River but stays at home where its warm. i think he doesent like to ice fish cause he is finally starting to admit hes getting old, and unless he has a shanty where he can drink beer and watch tv it wont appeal to him [Tongue]
[signature]
[size 1]"unless he has a shanty where he can drink beer and watch tv it wont appeal to him [Tongue] "[/size]
Thats what its all about!!! M.H.
[signature]
bet if wrestling was on it would! [cool]
[signature]