Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call Up!
As spring approaches and ice fishing turns to soft water I thought it would be a good idea to do a call up and reintroduce ourselves for the summer.

I am not asking for personal information. Lets just tell a little about ourselves and where we like to fish.

Hi I am Windriver and as my name implies my favorite fishing lakes are all found in the Windriver Mtn. near Pindale Wy. I hike and fish there every summer.

I live in Rexburg so I fish many different spots in Eastern Idaho regularly. I love bass and bluegill fishing the Preston area. I also love certain sections of the Teton R. I enjoy float tubing Henry's and recently I have started fishing many small streams in the area with my young sons who are just starting to flyfish.

I have been a member of the board since 2003. I love to help new fisherpeople and am an expert in the art of catching hatchery pets.[cool]

Hope to meet some of you on the water this summer.

Windriver
[signature]
Good idea Windriver. My name is Mike and I go by Kodiak on this site. I am a retired Psychology teacher, reside in Boise, and enjoy fishing statewide. I have a 17' Hewescraft that I spend a lot of time on in the summer. I enjoy kokanee fishing in Lucky Peak and Anderson Ranch, mackinaw fishing in Payette Lake, and trout fishing in Cascade, Magic, C.J. Strike, and any other fish-producing waters. My wife and I have also been heading over to Sekiu every summer, for king, coho, and pink fishing. I am heading up to Coeur d'Alene in a couple of weeks to try the chinook fishing. I am also excited about going up to Kootenay Lake in British Columbia, just above Spokane, in mid-May for their famous Gerrard rainbows (up to 20#'s) and their bull trout, which they still refer to as Dolly's, which run to +10 #'s. P.S.: If any of you are familiar w/ Kootenay, let me know! Mike
[signature]
My name is Bryan, but I like to think that I have the alias iliketofish. I go to school in Rexburg, so most of my fishing is done somewhere around there. I plan on becoming a fisheries biologist in the next few years. This summer I'm going to be a fisheries technitian, I'll let you know who with when things get finalized.
But I love the trout fishing here. I grew up in Northern Idaho, and am heading up there in a few weeks for some turkey hunting, and hopefully a little steelheading if things work out.
This is a great site, thanks for all the info.
[signature]
I live in Pocatello but will be living in San Antonio next month. I'll still check out the Idaho board on occasion and contribute where I can. I've spent 20+ years fishing Eastern Idaho. I fish for anything that swims. Some days I'll target bass, pan fish, carp or sturgeon but spend 75%(?) of my time fishing for trout. I'll fly fish rivers, lakes and streams. I will troll, use bait or cast hardware to trout. I also enjoy ice fishing. As long as the paperwork is accepted I will have my name listed next to the state record chub[blush]. I'm willing to share information with other fishermen and have learned a great deal about fishing Idaho while posting on BFT over the last 4 years.
[signature]
Hi ,
My name is Michael and I live in Twin Falls and try to fish all of the valley from Cj to Grey's Landing, from Alturus Lake to Salmon Falls Creek Reservoir. I love to fish for any of the panfish but would like to master the crappie, and love the acrobatics of a well hooked trout.
I toon mostly but have a new fish cat 4 that is for those out of the way places. I fish all ways and methods (that are legal) and seasons (caught perch on flies this winter thru the ice) but love the fly rod. I love to share what I learn, know and experiences I have when I go fishin'.
[signature]
My name is Tom and I live in Jackson, WY. I dont post much on this board, but I read it alot. I fish mainly Jackson Lake but I do fish PaliSades and the South Fork quite a bit. I have an 18' crestliner and I am a trollin' fool. If you guys ever need any info on fishin' WY let me know. I'm also a moderater on the WY board.
[signature]
My name is Lew. I'm 65, and am 3 years into retirement. I live between Idaho Falls and Rigby, and I fish in SE Idaho mostly, with a little warmwater fishing in Easter Utah near my sons place. I'm going to get into a little more warmwater stuff in the Preston area this summer. I have a 15' Calypso that I don't use much, because I fish mostly from my pontoon, or wade the creeks and rivers. My own state of Idaho presents many untapped mysteries for me. I've never seen the State Capitol, or Hells Canyon, or traveled up the West side of the state. My plan to travel these areas and explore the fishing has been curtailed by my wife's disability. I fish mostly with a flyrod, but will troll the lakes with lures if they ain't bitin' the bunny leeches. We do love to camp, but mainly camp close to home. I'd love to hook up with any of you for a day or two, if I don't have to do anything athletic to get to the water.
[signature]
Hi my name is Scott and I am a recent transplant from North Florida. I am in love with Idaho and its many wonderful outdoor opportunities. As my name suggests, I do most of my fishing with the best partner a guy could ask for, my ten year old son. I also have a teenage daughter who would rather hunt than fish. We have sampled waters from Island Park to Hawkin's res. The fishing here is so very different from the largemouth fishing we did back home (nothing beats the explosion of a bucketmouth busting through the lilly pads to eat your plastic frog!) However, we have really enjoyed the new challenges and the opportunity to learn new techniques. The folks back home couldn't believe it when I told them we went icefishing.
I am enrolled in the Physician Assistant program at ISU and I plan on calling Idaho home for as long as the good Lord allows.
[signature]
Hey everyone my name is Jeff, I am so excited for spring! The boise river is killing me!
I live in the Boise area and have the bug like never before. I am not a very knowledgeable fisherman yet, despite having grown up learning to drive,fish,shoot on a trout farm in Utah. Lived in Boise about 20 years and would really appreciate any tips from you guys. I have from lost creek res.,I went to warm lake and couldnt find a place to fish w/out a boat,Tri pod planter fish is a kick especially when the moose take a swim,I have tried the dam at arrowrock and Lucky peak res,(never do well at either location.) I fish the boise on the weekends and it seems very slow.
I bought my two pole licence to try and counter and not much luck.

I am a catch and release guy unless of course the death is imminent.
I love the outdoors and Wildlife is some what of a passion and hope to pass that on to my 3 children 6,3,2.
Looking forward to a great year and quality fishing. Hope I can help out on the forum
[signature]
Hey everybody my name is Everet and I have been Fishing eastern Idaho since I was 3 1/2. I have grown up fishing the area and I spend 99 percent of my time Fly Fishing the Henrys Fork. It is an awesome river and we are VERY lucky to have it so close to us. This time of year especially is awesome. I love to tie flies as well. I have enjoyed this site and everything I have learned from it. If any of you ever need any help with the Henrys Fork or other rivers I would be glad to help. I also spend a LOT of time fly fishing Henry's Lake.
[signature]
Hi everyone, my real name is Ken and I live in S.E. Idaho but have wheels and still enough gas money to travel. For the most part, I like to eat what I catch --so as to not take a chance on wasting the resource. I find the warm waters species the best to eat and tend to concentrate that way. I also enjoy messing with carp --both with rod and bow --but don't always eat them since I consider their removal somewhat helpful to other species existence.

I still spend about half the time going after steelhead and trout because I can tolerate their taste and need a big (game) fish "fix" every now and then. I have a small jet boat and enjoy using it as much on lakes and reservoirs as rivers. I like the challenge of working a new piece of water and learning how to catch species that I have not had prior success with. I am not too proud to seek advice and help even though I have been around the block a few times. This board has helped me in several ways so I have tried to give a little back in recent months to ease my concience.

FR
[signature]
I'm Burt, 61 y.o. retired Army pilot, located in S.E. Boise. I mainly fish Kokanee in Lucky Peak or less often Anderson Ranch. C.J. Strike for trout occasionally in the fall. I try to hit Henrys Lake each October for the big Cutts and Brookies. My boat: Alumacraft 16.5 Navigator Sport with Yamaha 60hp & 4hp kicker, color/gps finder, dowriggers, Lamiglas & Vance's Kokanne rods w/Shimano and Tica level-wind reels; I tie my own hoochies and run all sorts of combination flashers, dodgers, bugs, with scented white shoepeg corn, etc., etc.. Always experimenting with the Kokes. I smoke most of them and grill a few as well. I'm a vintage spinning enthusiast with numerous Mitchell 300's/304's on Shakespeare Wonderods and Heddon glass rods. Upland bird hunter, and antiques dealer and collector. Civil & Indian Wars, Idaho Territory, Idaho Mining & Militaria collector and dealer.
Glad to share knowledge and chat in all subjects. Waiting for the kokanee bite to begin at Lucky Peak. Will try next week for first trip of the season if it warms a bit and the wind stays down... Usually by first or second week in April you can catch scattered Kokes and bows flatlining and then the kokes bunch into columns or pods at depth and you need downriggers for the bigger bites. Good luck to all and have a great season.
This is a superb forum with much expertise and a willingness to share! Glad to see so much participation this early.[Smile]
[signature]
Good idea....Name is Scott a NOT retired electrician ,live just outside of Kuna, south of Boise. I have a Hewescraft 16 foot Riverunner, hence the handle here.
Just started fishing Lucky Peak for Kokes last year, after seeing the reports here (hope to see some of ya up there this year)....also fish Arrowrock and the Hells Canyon reseviors
and just enjoy doing anything outdoors.

Scott
[signature]
Hello all, my name is Chris and I live in Rexburg and am attending BYUI. First of all, thanks for this forum, it has been a wonderful resource.

I was born in Idaho Falls and have grown up fishing the south fork of the snake, primarily around Swan Valley. I prefer the rivers and creeks all around S.E. Idaho to the lakes and ponds, but do fish both. I would like to do a bit more high-mountain lake fishing though.

I'm open to fishing buddies for those who are relatively close. School keeps me a bit busy, but I can't resist the fishing bug, and cabin fever is getting to me for a bit more active fly fishing.

Chris
My name is Brody. I live in UT (but my heart belongs to idaho) and frequent this board almost daily. I lived near Twin Falls for 6 years and fished alot of places with 3 hours of there. I frequent the se ID lakes and hope to get back up to the Salmon for some steelies and get back to my favorite of all, Sturgeon! If any of you ever need some pointers on the snake in Hagerman for sturgeon feel free to pm me.[cool]
[signature]
Hello all, my name is Jeff. I live in Paris, Idaho 18 miles from the still froze[Sad] marina at Bear Lake. I fish PaliSades Jackson Lake. Flaming gorge, and of course Bear Lake. I have a 20' custom weld and downrig exclusively. I go by the nickname of Bodine.
[signature]
im really suprised Trout_Slayer hasent chimed in yet, maybe he actually got off his butt and went fishing this weekend. anyway, im TS's brother, i only get the chance to fish near the preston area about once a year due to where im currently located in the world. and the fact that TS lives in ogden. Twin, Glendale, Johnson, Oneida Narrows. we usually fish the narrows from the picnic area down. as far as the lakes go, TS destroys all the bass up there and i tag along for emotional support and to show him how to hook big ones [Tongue] ill be in Idaho in a few weeks to do some fishing and cant wait!
[signature]
Rob Thornberry, outdoor writer from Idaho Falls, who routinely pokes fun at ice fishing.
fly fisherman. favorite days of the year are June stoneflies and october steelhead.
Love lurking at the site. Good info for my column.
Thanks to all.
Rob, aka blissed out
[signature]
Hi my name is Curt G. I found this web site by reading Rob's weekly reports in the Post Register . I look forward to it every week . I love everything about fishing . From trolling PalaSades when the ice just comes off , to catching Bluegill at Twin lakes . I had a ball ice fishing American Falls all winter . In the fall I spend most of my time on Henry's or Island Park . I have two boats a 16' flat bottom river boat , with a 45HP jet . the other one is a 18' Inboard-outboard for lakes . I really enjoy this forum and all the interesting reports .
[signature]
[Image: fish-on.gif]Hey all, I go by Trollem34 My real name is Kurt and live in Twin Falls. I don,t post a whole lot mostly because I'm fishing somewhere in a 4 state area. Mainly fish for Walleye and bass and fish as many tourneys a year as possible. Idpanfish can attest I can put on a great feedbag and a great tourny every year at SFC. He can also attest that by nature I'm very competitive. We broke some fine race cars in our day!!!!!!! Spend many hours a year working with F&G on warmwater fisheries projects and teaching kids how to become better lifetime anglers. Please attend C.S.I.s Sports and liesure Show May 123 Some of the top Bass and Walleye anglers in the State will be doing seminars and ?'s Also boosting memberships for Idaho Walleye Unlimited and TIBF. Later all The big females are calling. Hope to see you soon Mike.
[signature]