Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You guys should be proud of me
Went to the Web. again and had a great time with the Sparkinator. Didn't bring my camera again. [Image: icon_cry.gif] The dang thing only works sporadically and I hate to hold fish out of water until I get it to work. The alternative is to bring em home and take pics. Thus the story line. [Image: icon_smile.gif] I caught, probably, one of the top 3 largest trout from a river ( can't remember where it actually ranks) and I measuered and released.. It measured at 23 3/4 + and was very, very heavy bodied for a brown!!! I'd guess 5-6 #. [b]You guys have any magic formula to estimate? [/b ]Well, I ended up cathing with about 8 trout and 2 decent size whities. The smallest at about 13. Had a wonderful, wonderful time with the Sparkinator again. Man.I truelly believe we are blessed with our opportunities. [Image: icon_cool.gif] I don't believe that most know how good we have it. Brought enough home for 2 meals for the 2 of us. [Image: icon_smile.gif] Same old flys, caddis and prince. I must have spent 10-15 min landing the big guy, He/she just wouldn't cooperate.
P.S. It was the wifes birthday, ain't she great for letting me do this? I'l probably pay double for it. right? [Image: icon_confused.gif]
Leaky
Nice to hear that you caught 'em. I have actually seen bigger fish than that in that river, although I have not fished it. I am mostly a lake fish guy. You should really get or rent a new and better camera for next time you go fishing so that you can show us them fish you are catching.[mad]
[signature]
Nice job Leaky! I fished some of my spots today and ended up doing very well after a slow start. I got to meet 2 bfter's(godeep and ???) today also. Good to meet you guys. I can't for the life of me remember the other guys name.[blush]
[signature]
Nice job leak. Sounds like you've really got that river down! I've tried it a few times. Never nothing as nice as that though! Now down south. I've got the rivers down there down pat. lol
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice goin'.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You either need to let Sparky handle the rod or the camera. I'm sure he is smart enough for one or the other.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice report. What kind of caddis pattern are you fishin? [cool]
[signature]
Strong work Fred. Sounds like a great day out!
[signature]
Yep, I have too!!!! However, seeing and catching are two very different things. [Image: fish-on.gif] [Smile] I agree about the camera, problem is, I'm too cheap. It's a digital and they aren't cheap to fix. [Sad] My wife has one but she won't let me touch it after killing one by dropping it in the water.[mad]
Leaky
Heck, I don't know.[unsure] It's got a white/pearl body with a dark head, size about 14/16??? So what's that?
Leaky
[signature]
chamois caddis??
[signature]
That soudns right.
Leaky
Sounds like a platinum nymph to me. AT least that's what I call it. I mix some pearl flashabou with some light hares ear dubbing. Tie in some silver wire. Taper dub it towards the head. Rib with silver wire. Couple wraps of peacock hearl for the head and whip it. I also like to add a red bead head.

Want one Brody? [Tongue]
[signature]
Just learned about a trout weight formula from another site. [url "http://www.troutfitters.com/news/news.html"]http://www.troutfitters.com/news/news.html[/url] With an avg. girth makes him close to 6#. Trying to reconstruct the girth from memory makes him 6# + . Wow, that's big for me. [shocked]
Leaky
What no pictures????
[signature]
[inline "23 inch Web 2.jpg"]

The best I can do for now is show you one a couple of weeks ago, 3/4 in shorter, and a lot skinner.
[signature]
Me or Leaky? You guys don't want to see a bunch of pictures of brown trout. You have seen enough of mine this spring.[Tongue]
[signature]
A very nice brown, congratulations!
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey leaky,[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I think that me and my dog "Spot" were just downstream from you. If I would have known that you didn't have a camera, I would have come upstream, and photographed that trout.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Photo of Spot and myself attached[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
That's funny.[Smile] Sparky sure would have liked to meet Spot, it beats being chased by my friend the moose, then again, maybe not. [Wink] We'll be looking foe ya.[shocked]
Leaky
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I thought this was Sparky's favorite playmate.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[Image: moose.jpg]
[signature]